Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Perishable is all this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I can't explain this, but I think some people are inordinately stronger than others who have similar muscle mass. I observed examples when working in corrections. Combining such strength with good coordination, endurance, meanness, anger, and stupidity creates a dangerous opponent.

That’s me. I was a scrawny 127 until I was 40, now I’m about 130-135.

I never cared for MMA but I used to do it quite a bit because not many people liked to box and I wanted to spar so sometimes I had to roll around with the MMA guys. I always thought it was a bunch of bullshit.

A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

Possibly John Wayne's best acting job and still a quote that is relevant to the use of deadly force.

Skills degrade, but some quicker than others. I just know that twice in the last year, I've realized that I can still do a shoulder roll fall and come back on my feet, and it has been 4 decades since I trained in Hapkido. Go figure.

User Tag List