Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My mouse gun journey.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    One thing about digital measures, they are not all that different from most throwing measures. I prefer to dip when I have to have a smaller charge, which I did for my 32SW Longs and Shorts. I used the smallest Lee dipper and just when with the bulkiest powder I could make work.

I have a RCBS charge master and it’s +/- .2 grains with most pistol powders. I think most use it to throw an undercharge then have a tricker to get it dialed in. Too time consuming for me and small pistol calibers! Those prices seem pretty good after messing with these 32 calibers. LOL
    Also, try using Vihtavuori powders. They're extremely fine grained ball powders, so at small charges they meter better.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I guess it comes down to if you enjoy reloading and if that time spent is a hobby versus feeling like work!

I like dry firing and that takes away a lot of my ammo consumption (and uses up available time to reload) but if someone would rather reload than dry fire then I can see how the math of live fire would be different!
    I'd much rather dryfire than reload but we are probably minority here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I can confirm that this reputation is well deserved. Two people I know made the unfortunate mistake of buying one.

The Bersa Thunder looks like a Walther PPK for a bargain price. The trigger is awful and recoil is worse than most subcompact 9mm's. But at least it's all steel so when it jams you can throw it at the bad guy and hope for a solid hit.
    When I was just out of college in 1991 I was considering one of those. Then I had a chance to inspect and handle a then current example.
    Got a 1962 East German-made Makarov instead.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Well, this thread provoked me to get my vz.50 out of the safe and find my remaining stash of S&B .32. Tiny sights, no slide stop, and the double-action trigger pull is like stirring concrete, but that was a fun change of pace from Serious Training Are Serious with the HKs.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    Well, this thread provoked me to get my vz.50 out of the safe and find my remaining stash of S&B .32. Tiny sights, no slide stop, and the double-action trigger pull is like stirring concrete, but that was a fun change of pace from Serious Training Are Serious with the HKs.
    Sounds like a great candidate for a post in the What Did You Shoot Today? thread...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    I can report the Beretta 70 in .32 is a sweet shooter with minimal recoil. Crossbolt safety is a little goofy though.

Also the 71 in .22 - a sweet shooting rimfire pistol that has been there and done that.
    42 Willys:

Thanks for the report on the Beretta 70S in 32. I may have to see if I can find one in 32 now that I have sold my 71 to a dear friend.

bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    I'd much rather dryfire than reload but we are probably minority here.
    I'd rather beat my shin with a baseball bat than reload.

Moderately Unfriendly Deeds Done Reasonably Priced

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Sounds like a great candidate for a post in the What Did You Shoot Today? thread...
    I want to steal your tagline "Moderately Unfriendly Deeds Done Reasonably Priced" hadn't really noticed it before but laughed pretty hard when I noticed it this morning.

Got a buddy or two that don't hang out here that will appreciate it as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I'd rather beat my shin with a baseball bat than reload.
    I will reload for hunting rifle ammunition (only need a few of those at a time, so no big deal), .38 Special for my herd of guns that take it, .357 Magnum for my 1894, and .44 Special for my big Ruger because it’s stupid expensive when there is some to buy, often unsuitable for the purpose I need it for, or impossible to get. I *can* load .45ACP, 9mm, or 5.56, only do if I absolutely have to, and I usually will shoot something else instead of loading those anyway.

I might load some .380 to make it more economical to shoot the G42s, but so far haven’t done that much. I’ve never loaded .32 ACP, though I have a P32.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    I want to steal your tagline "Moderately Unfriendly Deeds Done Reasonably Priced" hadn't really noticed it before but laughed pretty hard when I noticed it this morning.

Got a buddy or two that don't hang out here that will appreciate it as well.
    Name:  IMG_1641.jpeg
Views: 295
Size:  18.6 KB

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List