Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: My mouse gun journey.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Amazing age we live in.

A Boresight Sig 365 with a Mag-Guts +2 spring and base pad gives me 12+1 9mm (one less than a Browning Hi-Power) from a quick appendix draw, and the little Kel-Tec gives me 8 rounds of 32 ACP Fiocchi 73 gr. ball from a patterned/feigned compliance back pocket draw.

A legit two gun system one can ACTUALLY carry that’s not obtrusive.
    What back pocket holster or type(leather/kydex?) do you like for your P-32?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That gun with those sights looks nice!

Whenever the subject of the P-32 comes up, I want to be sure that anyone carrying one of these pistols understands that changing the recoil springs from the factory 9 lb. to Wolff 11 lb. is advisable. I have found that when the gun is loaded with 7+1, the rim of the top cartridge can be within the groove of the cartridge below it (not a rimlock, but a different rim interaction). In this condition, the factory 9 lb. springs will be insufficient to overcome the rim/groove interaction. The 11 lb. springs will overcome this condition 100% of the time.

The P-32 is the best .32 available in my opinion but that one potential issue must be understood.
    Time to order some +2 Mag-Guts and a Wolff 11lb spring...
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What back pocket holster or type(leather/kydex?) do you like for your P-32?

Time to order some +2 Mag-Guts and a Wolff 11lb spring...
    I haven’t really found one I like a lot yet. May have to get something made.

Is it just me or is the Wolff site a pain in the ass to use? At least on my phone .

Is it just me or is the Wolff site a pain in the ass to use? At least on my phone .
    It's not you.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

A P32 was the first gun I bought and actually carried it every day. Other than at a fire scene as a volunteer I dont remember ever taking it off due to a task or because it was uncomfortable. I found the P32 to be 100% reliable and fun to shoot.

Sometimes I carried it in an Uncle Mikes #3. Most of the time I carried it AIWB tucked behind my belt buckle. I bought the clip that looks like a knife clip and cut it so that it didn't stick below my belt. I could simply push up and it was in my hand. I carried some sort of euro ball. This was before I knew what a gun forum was and it was all trial and error and I did because I didn't know that I couldn't.

Site Supporter
    I haven’t really found one I like a lot yet. May have to get something made.
    Okay, thank you. I haven't seen anything I trust to give quick access/deployment without it also being susceptible to falling out of my back pocket when I sat down. I have an old phone case/soft holster contraption I MacGyver'd together, but it is not "quick access".
    --Jason--

Name:  P 22 sharpened.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  EZ 9.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  98.4 KB

Getting old it gets harder for me to rack the slide of my guns. During the beginning of Covid I tried to use my autos but couldn't even load them. I searched around and found a couple of guns that I could use. I have an old S&W Model 10 with a great trigger but it's too large to put in a pocket. I had thousands of rounds of 9 mm so off I went to find a 9 that I could manipulate.

Most of them I couldn't bring the slide back far enough for the round to come out of the magazines. Then I saw a commercial on Shooting USA for the EZ 9. Everything about this gun was supposed to be easy. I found one at my local LGS pulled the slide back with no troubles and decided to shoot it. Low and behold I was able to manage this small gun. Recoil was a lot less than I thought it would be and it fit in my pocket. I'm a large guy and have big pockets

It barely fit and had a big tell for when I went concealed so I went for another gun. I found the Walther P22, was able to rack the slide and fire the gun with no trouble. Although it's only a .22, that is a good cartridge when there is nothing else. It fits in my pocket without tell, fires just about everything I've tested and shoots real well. I load it with CCI Mini Mags and carry two extra magazines with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Amazing age we live in.

A Boresight Sig 365 with a Mag-Guts +2 spring and base pad gives me 12+1 9mm (one less than a Browning Hi-Power) from a quick appendix draw, and the little Kel-Tec gives me 8 rounds of 32 ACP Fiocchi 73 gr. ball from a patterned/feigned compliance back pocket draw.

A legit two gun system one can ACTUALLY carry that’s not obtrusive.
    I've been carrying my Glock 42 AIWB and LCP in my R front pocket, but I like where you're going with this combo. The best holster I ever had for back pocket was a Kramer for my Seecamp.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    I found the Walther P22, was able to rack the slide and fire the gun with no trouble. Although it's only a .22, that is a good cartridge when there is nothing else. It fits in my pocket without tell, fires just about everything I've tested and shoots real well. I load it with CCI Mini Mags and carry two extra magazines with me.
    Due to decreasing hand strength, my wife ended up relying on a Ruger SR22, as did a good number of people who were getting their CCW at the same time she did. I was - and am - not happy about it, but it beats not carrying at all.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That gun with those sights looks nice!

Whenever the subject of the P-32 comes up, I want to be sure that anyone carrying one of these pistols understands that changing the recoil springs from the factory 9 lb. to Wolff 11 lb. is advisable. I have found that when the gun is loaded with 7+1, the rim of the top cartridge can be within the groove of the cartridge below it (not a rimlock, but a different rim interaction). In this condition, the factory 9 lb. springs will be insufficient to overcome the rim/groove interaction. The 11 lb. springs will overcome this condition 100% of the time.

The P-32 is the best .32 available in my opinion but that one potential issue must be understood.
    I recently bought what I assume to be a confiscated/evidence gun and replaced the springs. The Wolff recoil spring pack came with a firing pin spring as well. Is that worthwhile to replace?

User Tag List