Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: My mouse gun journey.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    That is why I love my little .32 Beretta Cheetahs so very much. It's like shooting a .22 with juuuuuust a little more ass.
    Well, I am an avowed ass man.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    You guys are really messing up my resolve not to buy stuff I really dont need.

I keep seeing 32 auto, blah blah blah, which my brain somehow translates into 32 auto, you need a Colt 1903, you need a Colt 1903, you need a Colt 1903.....
    Do it, do it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

FWIW, the Colt 1903 didn't do it for me - I thought it would and bought two of them. They were incredibly soft shooting, but also very hard to jack a slide into the chamber. I recall thinking at the time, "In another 10 years I won't be able to do this." I also didn't care for the way I had to grip it in order to depress the grip safety. Some pistols don't work for me, but this is the first two I've had that I could outshoot with my Seecamp LWS .32, and it doesn't even have sights on the slide.

I think my old age pistol will be my Beretta M87BB (now Cheetah) in .22 LR.

Site Supporter
    I wish the Bersa .380s had a reputation for durability and reliability. Might be a perfect small CCW for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I wish the Bersa .380s had a reputation for durability and reliability. Might be a perfect small CCW for me.
    I can confirm that this reputation is well deserved. Two people I know made the unfortunate mistake of buying one.

The Bersa Thunder looks like a Walther PPK for a bargain price. The trigger is awful and recoil is worse than most subcompact 9mm's. But at least it's all steel so when it jams you can throw it at the bad guy and hope for a solid hit.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-25-2023 at 09:16 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Here you go...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1008467854

It's expensive and cruelly so.
    Thanks! I couldn’t resist. My wife likes the ergos of the G42 for her small hands but she prefers a milder cartridge to practice with. This might be an awesome training gun for her.

And maybe it could be a trainer for my daughter someday. We have a G42 Airsoft at home…

I’m thinking of putting a Leupold DPP Micro on it…

Name:  IMG_4409.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  28.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Thanks! I couldn’t resist. My wife likes the ergos of the G42 for her small hands but she prefers a milder cartridge to practice with. This might be an awesome training gun for her.

And maybe it could be a trainer for my daughter someday. We have a G42 Airsoft at home…

You're welcome.

Saw that you mentioned that here;

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1512809
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I can confirm that this reputation is well deserved. Two people I know made the unfortunate mistake of buying one.

The Bersa Thunder looks like a Walther PPK for a bargain price. The trigger is awful and recoil is worse than most subcompact 9mm's. But at least it's all steel so when it jams you can throw it at the bad guy and hope for a solid hit.

It’s really unfortunate, but I just can’t trust them.

A Sig P232 is a gun I wanted to like, but both copies I had were not reliable. Plus there is no slide lock/release. The heel release is a non issue for me in such a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

Is that locked breech? Or blowback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Is that locked breech? Or blowback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good question, and I did not see an answer in the description. However, the right side photos appear to show a locking block extending all the way to the top of the ejection port, leading me to think it is likely to be locked breech.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List