Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: My mouse gun journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've now ditched the PP for good. The final straw was an overall lack of reliability. My hands are too big, or the gun is too small. Either way, unless I'm gripping the gun just right I'll induce a failure to feed. The last time I had 6 or 8 FTFs in 100 rounds. I'm done.

My youngest son recently purchased a Tisas Stingray 1911, in 9mm. So far, I've been surprisingly impressed. Having nearly a lifetime of experience with the 1911, having worn them out, rebuilt them and worn them out again, I don't consider myself an amateur on the subject. When he bought it, I looked it over and found no red flags. After several hundred rounds I haven't discovered any. It's frustratingly well fit and finished for the price point. As a Commander variant with the shorter slide and aluminum frame it carries easily, and as a 9mm it shoots comfortably.

I think I'll get one.
    Before you go too nuts - Tisas apparently plays fast and loose with JMB's numbers - I posted it in another thread as well. Not a big deal if you're never going to start changing things on the gun...but if you decide to rebarrel it, or make some other changes, you might need to do a lot of measuring first.

I just got a notification earlier in the week that Buds and GrabAGun both have a bunch of Colt Combat Commanders in 9mm in stock (steel frame though, so probably not what you're looking for)...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Before you go too nuts - Tisas apparently plays fast and loose with JMB's numbers - I posted it in another thread as well. Not a big deal if you're never going to start changing things on the gun...but if you decide to rebarrel it, or make some other changes, you might need to do a lot of measuring first.

I just got a notification earlier in the week that Buds and GrabAGun both have a bunch of Colt Combat Commanders in 9mm in stock (steel frame though, so probably not what you're looking for)...
    Yes, I'm aware of the company's penchant for everything seeming to be proprietary. I had that discussion with my son before he bought it. If he wants to change the sights, Tisas seems to use a dovetail all their own, etc.

At this point, I haven't found anything I absolutely have to change, and it would allow me to stay with my preferred platform in spite of my arthritic issues.

Based on what I've seen from Colt and Springfield of late, they'll get no further love from me.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've now ditched the PP for good. The final straw was an overall lack of reliability. My hands are too big, or the gun is too small. Either way, unless I'm gripping the gun just right I'll induce a failure to feed. The last time I had 6 or 8 FTFs in 100 rounds. I'm done.

My youngest son recently purchased a Tisas Stingray 1911, in 9mm. So far, I've been surprisingly impressed. Having nearly a lifetime of experience with the 1911, having worn them out, rebuilt them and worn them out again, I don't consider myself an amateur on the subject. When he bought it, I looked it over and found no red flags. After several hundred rounds I haven't discovered any. It's frustratingly well fit and finished for the price point. As a Commander variant with the shorter slide and aluminum frame it carries easily, and as a 9mm it shoots comfortably.

I think I'll get one.

I know you took a different route with the Tisas but just wondering if you considered one of these.. Nice little shooter and better ergos than the PP(K) in my experience..
    No clue on availability in the US but just curious if it was on your radar..

Regards Jumme
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jumme View Post
    I know you took a different route with the Tisas but just wondering if you considered one of these.. Nice little shooter and better ergos than the PP(K) in my experience..
    No clue on availability in the US but just curious if it was on your radar..

Regards Jumme
    Nope.

The whole point of the PP was, I already had it. When it became evident it wouldn't work, i moved on from the concept. Thanks for thinking of it though.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Looks like Kel Tec has released a new batch of P32s and I managed to snag one for cheap. I’ve had a slide with the Innovative Weaponry sight upgrade waiting for a Gen 2 frame for a while so I was able to put them together.

These sights look quite usable and I’m looking forward to breaking in the gun with them.

Some size comparisons when we talk about “pocket” guns.

Kel Tec 32 shown in comparison to a C&S 637 and a G42.

Not even close in terms of “pocket-ability”.

Amazing age we live in.

A Boresight Sig 365 with a Mag-Guts +2 spring and base pad gives me 12+1 9mm (one less than a Browning Hi-Power) from a quick appendix draw, and the little Kel-Tec gives me 8 rounds of 32 ACP Fiocchi 73 gr. ball from a patterned/feigned compliance back pocket draw.

A legit two gun system one can ACTUALLY carry that’s not obtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

Kel Tec 32 shown in comparison to a C&S 637 and a G42.

Not even close in terms of “pocket-ability”.
    No doubt about it, that C&S-tuned 637 is an iron pig by way of comparison. You should just sell it to me.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Looks like Kel Tec has released a new batch of P32s and I managed to snag one for cheap. I’ve had a slide with the Innovative Weaponry sight upgrade waiting for a Gen 2 frame for a while so I was able to put them together.

These sights look quite usable and I’m looking forward to breaking in the gun with them.
    That gun with those sights looks nice!

Whenever the subject of the P-32 comes up, I want to be sure that anyone carrying one of these pistols understands that changing the recoil springs from the factory 9 lb. to Wolff 11 lb. is advisable. I have found that when the gun is loaded with 7+1, the rim of the top cartridge can be within the groove of the cartridge below it (not a rimlock, but a different rim interaction). In this condition, the factory 9 lb. springs will be insufficient to overcome the rim/groove interaction. The 11 lb. springs will overcome this condition 100% of the time.

The P-32 is the best .32 available in my opinion but that one potential issue must be understood.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That gun with those sights looks nice!

Whenever the subject of the P-32 comes up, I want to be sure that anyone carrying one of these pistols understands that changing the recoil springs from the factory 9 lb. to Wolff 11 lb. is advisable. I have found that when the gun is loaded with 7+1, the rim of the top cartridge can be within the groove of the cartridge below it (not a rimlock, but a different rim interaction). In this condition, the factory 9 lb. springs will be insufficient to overcome the rim/groove interaction. The 11 lb. springs will overcome this condition 100% of the time.

The P-32 is the best .32 available in my opinion but that one potential issue must be understood.
    Thanks for that Bill.👍🏽

User Tag List