Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the SA Highpower good yet?

I emailed Mr. Williams recently to ask for his thoughts on the SA-35 and about replacing the factory sights. Here's the reply:

I have a couple of the SA-35’s in the shop right now, and my examination of them is that they’re a well made copy of the original FN/Browning pistol. The early extractor issues seemed to show up after several hundred rounds had been fired, and I suspected then that the issue was with a substandard extractor spring which likely was not properly heat treated and after some use the springs lost some of their tension. The problems seem to have been rectified now and for anyone who is concerned replacing the original spring with a good quality part should solve the problem.

I’n not aware of any aftermarket sights that are straight drop-ins, but sights from Novak, Heinie or others should work, though some machine work and subsequent refinishing would be necessary.

The two I have in the shop now are scheduled for custom work, and if the gun was sub-standard as to quality, I wouldn’t do the work.

Thanks, and hope this helps,

Don Wlliams
    The Action Works

That’s a good endorsement.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List