Thread: 507Comp loosened after 300 rounds with CHPWS plate (Staccato P)

507Comp loosened after 300 rounds with CHPWS plate (Staccato P)

Everything was torqued per spec. Screws from CHPWS were treated with blue loctite. I did not use the black ink treatment. I've emailed CHPWS, but looking for any suggestions to prevent this happening (go with Dawson?). This is a competition gun so 300 rounds doesn't even cover a week. I did notice some wiggle prior to tightening the T-nut machine screws between the adapter island feature and the corresponding RDS cutout.

Not for duty use

So with the caveat that this is not appropriate for institutional use or people afraid of potentially semi-permanent fixes.

It’s just for competition use recommendations.

My personal method that has worked very well for high round count plate systems and optics.

1. Test fit screw lengths and depths first. If screws bottom out, you’re screwed.

2. Degrease everything with alcohol or acetone. Q-tips to get into nooks and crannies.

3. E6000 bed the plate. I don’t care if it’s a PITA to get off later, I just want it to stay solid. I usually leave a corner untreated so I can get a razor in the gap later but heat softens E6000 very well.

4. E6000 the bosses on the plate so they mate to the optic on a structural part with no wiggling. These days I don’t use much on the optic body itself but if I do it’s a very light, tiny dot that I smush. And I don’t pull the optic off if I need to remove it, I use a razor to cut the adhesive and lever it off so as not to pull on cosmetic plates underneath.

5. Blue loctite on screw tips and E6000 on the underside of the screw caps. The elasticity of the E6000 keeps screws from wiggling loose.

6. Torque to spec and let dry before shooting. Silver sharpie witness marks.

User Tag List