Thread: New Mexico training (upper half of state)

New Mexico training (upper half of state)

Hey everyone. I am looking for some training companies or instructors in ABQ. I recently moved from Texas, and haven’t been heavy on PF in years, so I apologize if I’m missing any prominent people from the group as I only paid attention to Texas and southern NM companies and instructors the last 15 years. I can only find ccw and NRA classes when I search. I have the 6/7 of October free next month, and I’m looking to see if I can find a class or some personal instruction, pistol/carbine, maybe other stuff. Thanks!
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

I did message a couple of prominent members who I saw were from NM.

Site Supporter
    The only NM trainer I can recommend is Tim Herron.

Tim Herron had a place in Stanley, NM. He has his own range and teaches classes there. I don’t know any other prominent trainers in the area. Tom Jones used to host a lot of trainers when he was still active with the forum but that seems to have stopped when he left PF.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Nice, thanks guys! I messaged him yesterday and hopefully will hear back. I appreciate the info!

Thanks everyone, strike out since it’s nationals weekend. Any other trainer recommendations around, even carbine or knife or h2h?

I don’t know of anyone else I’d be comfortable recommending besides Tim Herron around here. If you just want to do some shooting on October 7, the Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club has a USPSA match at Shooting Range Park on the first and third Saturday of every month.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I don’t know of anyone else I’d be comfortable recommending besides Tim Herron around here. If you just want to do some shooting on October 7, the Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club has a USPSA match at Shooting Range Park on the first and third Saturday of every month.
    Thanks bud! I’ll look into that. I ended up booking some h2h and knife instruction on Friday but definitely want to do some shooting on the weekend.

User Tag List