Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 1301 heat shield options?

Looks like there are more options available now. Options are always a good thing.

Aridus has one in the works. There was a YouTube video talking about it.

GGG is also making one that integrates with their version of the Zhukov handguard.

And I found another from a company called SHOTGUNHEATSHIELD.COM that works with the Zhukov. It looks like they used the Mossberg heat shield and contoured it to the Zhukov profile.
    https://www.shotgunheatshield.com/be...el-shroud-mod/

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    This! The 21" guns (Pro or not) are so damn similar that I'm curious if they're maybe best all-around of the 1301 family.

Re: Heatshields

Outside of shooting a lot in a class or when practicing, are these really that necessary vs. just getting a glove for your support hand?

Presumably most of us will use it for home defense, and even a copper isn't gonna sling out 25 shells in rapid succession to reload and do another 25, is he?

You're making me feel real good about that 21" comp pro I have sitting at the dealer waiting for the all clear right now.

Looking back in this thread, I just realized that the ShotgunHeatShield model is just like the one GearFondler made! I wonder if they were lurking in the forums and “borrowed” his idea?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Looking back in this thread, I just realized that the ShotgunHeatShield model is just like the one GearFondler made! I wonder if they were lurking in the forums and “borrowed” his idea?!?!
    Just what I was thinking when I saw your link. [emoji849]

I just received my Aridus v2 handguard and love it! Borrowing (wink wink) the idea from GearFondler, I modified a Mossberg handguard to work with the Aridus. I also BORROWED an idea from somewhere else and only used one of the shields two front clamps so shield sits all the way back, resting against the receiver. Since that portion of the barrel is wider, I think the retaining arms hold better. I had to remove a bit of material from the unused front clamp to fit around the Aridus nose piece.

While I was stippling the handguard, I got the bright idea of stippling the heat shield as well.

Name:  IMG_2690.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  77.5 KB

I know GG&G isnt super popular here (knock off products being the reason I see) but their heat shield doesn't appear to be a knock off of someone else's product. Anybody have any hands on time with one?

User Tag List