Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 1301 heat shield options?

Nice work Jaxman7! My shield has a little movement when I clamp down on it as well but I don’t think it will be a problem.

I’ll try to explain the movement… since the shield AND the hand guard are composite, they both flex a bit under pressure. When I firmly grip them together, one of the will flex a bit, causing minor side to side motion… not a deal breaker though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    After mainly shooting my AR’s, I’ve become accustomed to shooting with the C grip on the forend. Now that I’m spending more time getting acquainted with my 1301, I catch myself wanting to shoot it with a C grip. That only last a few round before the barrel starts to get too hot!

I saw a YouTube video where someone modified a Mossberg heat shield to wor with their 1301. It looked like a good idea and worked well but… it wasn’t aesthetically pleasing to me. Like putting hubcaps on a luxury car!

So does anyone know of other options? I know I could wear gloves. I’m also aware of the Briley forend, but it’s pricey. Is there a more aesthetically pleasing Mossberg shield?

I found a nice looking heat shield made for the Benelli M4, but it’s also $$$… photos bellow
    Attachment 109478
    My first post here, but this is the heat shield we are designing for the M4, still working out final pricing, hoping to get it a bit cheaper.

As for the Beretta 1301, I am expecting a prototype heat shield in my hands in November, optimistically. Will be a similar design to the one in this picture, with MLOK slots all the way back to the receiver, but also requires an Rx Arms optic mount to accept the boss on the heat shield. I will also be able to carry the design over to the A300UP quite easily, but I need to import some A300UP into Canada so I can work on them.

These heat shields are a very ambitious project for a company of my size, but I hope they are well received. Feel free to ask any questions you guys may have.
    Rx Arms Solutions
    https://rxarms.com

I sucked it up and ordered the Briley while it's 20% off for Black Friday. Hopefully I'll have it in hand in a couple of weeks. If I like it I'll be looking to offload my Aridus.
    Last edited by SteveL; 11-24-2023 at 02:36 PM.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by RxArms View Post
    My first post here, but this is the heat shield we are designing for the M4, still working out final pricing, hoping to get it a bit cheaper.

As for the Beretta 1301, I am expecting a prototype heat shield in my hands in November, optimistically. Will be a similar design to the one in this picture, with MLOK slots all the way back to the receiver, but also requires an Rx Arms optic mount to accept the boss on the heat shield. I will also be able to carry the design over to the A300UP quite easily, but I need to import some A300UP into Canada so I can work on them.

These heat shields are a very ambitious project for a company of my size, but I hope they are well received. Feel free to ask any questions you guys may have.
    Looking forward to seeing finished product! So you need the optic mount to mount the piece? Does your design bolt onto the receiver, replacing the pic rail?

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Looking forward to seeing finished product! So you need the optic mount to mount the piece? Does your design bolt onto the receiver, replacing the pic rail?
    It will require an optic mount just like the M4 version. I’ll be releasing initially RMR cowitness height mount and a picatinny rail.

The reason for this, is tool-less removal of the barrel from the receiver. This is a ways away though probably mid 2024 for the 1301/A300 UP.
    Rx Arms Solutions

It will require an optic mount just like the M4 version. I’ll be releasing initially RMR cowitness height mount and a picatinny rail.

The reason for this, is tool-less removal of the barrel from the receiver. This is a ways away though probably mid 2024 for the 1301/A300 UP.
    So I don't like the need for the optic mount just to support the heat shield but I understand it. And I won't lie, the prototype for the M4 looks dummy sweet.
    I would hate to replace my CROM but I'll definitely be tempted if you bring this to market.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So I don't like the need for the optic mount just to support the heat shield but I understand it. And I won't lie, the prototype for the M4 looks dummy sweet.
    I would hate to replace my CROM but I'll definitely be tempted if you bring this to market.
    It is not an if but a when. Yes I get that most will already have an optic mount that will need to be replaced, but it’s the best way to design it for tool-less removal of the barrel, and also achieving a rearward anchor for support.
    Rx Arms Solutions

It is not an if but a when. Yes I get that most will already have an optic mount that will need to be replaced, but it’s the best way to design it for tool-less removal of the barrel, and also achieving a rearward anchor for support.
    Yep, like I said, I understand.
    Your design looks to be more lightweight and as solid than anything I've seen elsewhere and it looks dead sexy as well. And the tool-less aspect is an absolute necessity in my opinion.

Could you also advise the flashlight model? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CEBEP View Post
    Could you also advise the flashlight model? Thanks.
    Modlite PLV2 with 18350 WML body...

https://modlite.com/products/merge-p...40748746113060

User Tag List