Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1301 heat shield options?

During my brainstorming of adding a heat shield to the Zhukov, I only thought of one problem…. The reason a lot of people get the Zhukov is to use the mlok rails to hang accessories… light, sling cups, etc. If someone could figure out a way to mount the shield AND still allow mounting accessories, that would be a game changer!

I could swear, but not guarantee, that someone mounted the heatshield to their Zhukov in the 1301 mega thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I could swear, but not guarantee, that someone mounted the heatshield to their Zhukov in the 1301 mega thread.
    Shouldn't take more than a week to find it. [emoji1787]

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    During my brainstorming of adding a heat shield to the Zhukov, I only thought of one problem…. The reason a lot of people get the Zhukov is to use the mlok rails to hang accessories… light, sling cups, etc. If someone could figure out a way to mount the shield AND still allow mounting accessories, that would be a game changer!
    The rear m'lok half slot is nigh useless. I had an IWC QD in there and that's about it. Some people mount a matchsaver to it but other than that, no one is really using that thing. If the headshield were to be mounted to that slot in the rear i'm sure a singular slot up front could be used to secure the front of the heatshield. This would still leave one slot for a light. Plenty of flexibility there.

As with everything, there's always going to be a tradeoff.

I just went ahead and did this mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq4Fuc-x7r4

I'll report back as to how effective it is in a few weeks when I have a chance to shoot the thing.

I know people like complicated projects

Why not get a comp and have it chopped to 18 1/2. (Aimpoint S-1)

Still a half inch longer than a tactical

But the rib was never a problem barehanded

Then it doesn’t look or handle like ass

Still not sure why gloves won’t solve the problem for y’all

Good luck

Magsz, that’s the video that inspired this thread! If you do go through with this mod, keep us updated on how it turns out… fit, durability, etc.

I’m curious if the guy who made the video is a member here?

Neato! Now I'm seriously contemplating seeing if that mod can work well with the Zhukov forend.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Yeah, I haven't seen any current-production heat shields that attach in a solid way, and most of them seem to be covered in sharp edges as well.

Y'all need to watch the upcoming P&S Modcast, the topic does come up a bit
    Heat shield all the things!

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Neato! Now I'm seriously contemplating seeing if that mod can work well with the Zhukov forend.
    It looks like there is a lot more space between the barrel and Zhukov than there is with the factory handguard, so I think it would work and may even be easier to do. If you try it please let us know how it works out.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

The heat shield featured in the install video is supposed to be polymer, not sheet metal. Hopefully that would alleviate sharp edges and scratches on the gun’s finish.

User Tag List