Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New HK SFP9 CC

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    This segment seems overly crowded with great offerings. I may be missing it, but what would the VP9CC offer that isn't already available on the market now? Greater reliability? Less felt recoil?
    This, like most other Euro gun designs, was very likely designed to meet the requirements of professional users or even a specific RFP (eg. the niche requirement of the heel mag release model, and many other things detailed in the paper linked above).

The fact that the US civilian market is already crowded with somewhat similar designs was probably not a factor for HK. I would be surprised if they considered US civilian sales at all when designing it.

I would buy one. Probably two.

About this market segment being overly crowded. Demand drives the market. So why not jump in?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Looks slippery. HK's grip texture downgrade continues.

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    This segment seems overly crowded with great offerings. I may be missing it, but what would the VP9CC offer that isn't already available on the market now? Greater reliability? Less felt recoil?
    A paddle mag release that isn't attached to the cinder-block-dragged-through-a-sandbox trigger of a first-generation Walther PPS?
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    A paddle mag release that isn't attached to the cinder-block-dragged-through-a-sandbox trigger of a first-generation Walther PPS?
    The plate system in the above picture looks pretty unique as well. They also look to have a fairly unique take on the modular backstrap situation that appears to really address trigger reach in a more fundamental way than I'm used to seeing, I think. And there are cocking wings/ears on the back of the slide.

Not a list of completely novel attributes, but certainly a feature set that doesn't exist on any current micro size offerings that I am aware of. Hopefully they bring it to US market before Sig invents a revolutionary new laser pistol that will randomly discharge when disco music is played at too high a volume.

I bet SA has a micro to market with the Echelon's feature set before HK releases this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet SA has a micro to market with the Echelon's feature set before HK releases this.
    Isn't the Echelon fundamentally just a super-sized Hellcat? If so, Springfield already did it!

Looks interesting to me. I like the smooth side panels. I've never understood IWB micro guns with super grabby side panels. I think it will bring out of the box reliability from the beginning, without the public beta testing of SIG.

Hopefully @Doc_Glock would find a small enough mallet to fit the HK CC for that...thing... testing.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Anybody have any intel about when these are releasing in the USA?

User Tag List