Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New HK SFP9 CC

New HK SFP9 CC

Optics ready. But no schedule for USA import, if that proves to even be possible given the size and related GCA regulations.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    1. Glad to see the paddle on there.
    2. I bet the right side has a slide release lever that is two inches long for some esoteric reason.
    3. Sig has proven the viability and market demand for a manual safety on this class of gun, and I'm surprised no one is following suit. I'm not surprised in this case though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    1. Glad to see the paddle on there.
    2. I bet the right side has a slide release lever that is two inches long for some esoteric reason.
    3. Sig has proven the viability and market demand for a manual safety on this class of gun, and I'm surprised no one is following suit. I'm not surprised in this case though.
    I'd be interested if they offered a manual safety. Or a trigger situation heavy/long enough to pass for a real double-action.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Presuming that it's even possible to import these (maybe they can do what they do with the HK45, USA frames and imported other parts) -

The European spec will be available with either the TR trigger (German police spec, longer and heavier) or the lighter and shorter SF trigger (what we get on the VP9 now).

The pistol will also be available in an ambi setup, or a slimmer lower-profile "Shape" specification, with RH dominant controls. Several backstraps, including non-beavertail, are planned.

I haven't seen any indication of a manual safety, but then again the SFP9 was supposed to be available with that and I never saw one in the flesh.

If this gets imported, I would guess that we would likely see a VP9CC with optic cut, paddle release, the standard ambi setup, the SF trigger, and two mag options (10 flat and 13 extendo) similar to what you see on a 365, double-to-single stack. It also appears to me that a different design optics mount plate would be needed.

If HK were good at bringing all the Euro toys over here, which would be a change to be sure, I would see a B model coming, or even a B frame that can accept the FCG and top end.

Hey hk, a single stack p2000 would be the shit.. redo the grip a little.

The last couple of pages in this HK paper are about the SFP9CC and how the concept was developed.

If you have the time, the entire paper is a pretty good read as well.

Towards the end of the recent TFB video about the SFP9CC, german dude also mentions there will be 2 frames, with and without rail. He also says you can move the trigger pack from one to the other, and that this is a first for HK. So we might be looking at a serialized chassis too.

Oh, and also from the paper linked above (which is from early 2022 btw): There will be a variant with heel magazine release :

Heel, especially for users who prioritize maximum risk reduction against unintentional magazine release (especially when carried concealed without a holster) over quick magazine changes.

confused

This segment seems overly crowded with great offerings. I may be missing it, but what would the VP9CC offer that isn't already available on the market now? Greater reliability? Less felt recoil?

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    This segment seems overly crowded with great offerings. I may be missing it, but what would the VP9CC offer that isn't already available on the market now? Greater reliability? Less felt recoil?
    IN a world of simpler and inexpensive HK will bring cost, complexity, lack of accessories, mags that are more $ than 365's, and likely something proprietary.....Also likely well vetted, reliable, a trigger guard that can be used with gloves, and durable.

Outstanding demonstration of muzzle discipline and treating all guns as loaded on that pic. HK photos never disappoint to fail.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List