Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veterans, HomeDepot is on point

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    My kid is currently a cashier and you are correct. But if people are nice he requests they get the app then just gives them the discount. If they are Aholes about it well, he follows the policy.

Veterans and their discounts cause more drama for HD cashiers than almost anything else. Be nice, guys.
    Nothing gets my blood boiling faster in public than some Veteran or fellow Service Member acting like an entitled Karen. Funny thing, almost all of them are peacetime never-deployed types or retired Officers and they're covered in veteran-themed clothing, or have a hat with their whole DD214 on it.

I really don't like getting involved with anyone else's crap in public, but there have been a few times I absolutely couldn't stand it and stepped in and pulled rank and/or corrected them accordingly.

How hard is it to ask 'Do you all still offer a military discount?' and if the answer is no, then no big freakin' deal. If the answer is yes, but.... with a lot of crap you don't want to deal with, that's your decision too and just pay the normal price with a smile.

Yelling at low-paid regular folks over the policies of a corporate mothership are a sign of not just being an asshole, but being an idiot as well. Similarly, you can tell a hell of a lot about a person by how they treat waitstaff and restaurant workers.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Nothing gets my blood boiling faster in public than some Veteran or fellow Service Member acting like an entitled Karen. Funny thing, almost all of them are peacetime never-deployed types or retired Officers and they're covered in veteran-themed clothing, or have a hat with their whole DD214 on it.

I really don't like getting involved with anyone else's crap in public, but there have been a few times I absolutely couldn't stand it and stepped in and pulled rank and/or corrected them accordingly.

How hard is it to ask 'Do you all still offer a military discount?' and if the answer is no, then no big freakin' deal. If the answer is yes, but.... with a lot of crap you don't want to deal with, that's your decision too and just pay the normal price with a smile.

Yelling at low-paid regular folks over the policies of a corporate mothership are a sign of not just being an asshole, but being an idiot as well. Similarly, you can tell a hell of a lot about a person by how they treat waitstaff and restaurant workers.
    A lot of VN era vets are at the age where they're becoming senile. I've never asked for any discounts but I've taken a few when offered. MY DL indicates my vet status. I may have used the vet parking at Lowes a few times, but I can't remember.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Now the wife wants a pole hedge trimmer and pole saw. Milwaukee has the pole saw and trimmer as a $405 combo. Anyone have experience with these saws or trimmers?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...2719/321558151
    I have both and have been pleased with them. The pole saw with extension feels less like a pool noodle than the DeWalt pole saw I had previously. Hedge trimmer has worked great too. There are times the length is a bit awkward if you're just trimming something small, but when doing something larger the versatility is appreciated. I also have the edger...while my application was non-traditional, it worked very well.

@Trigger if you ended up buying this combo and want to add the weed trimmer attachment, shoot me a PM, you can have it for the cost of shipping. I started off buying a combo that happened to include the weed trimmer but only used it a couple times (already had another trimmer I preferred, though the Milwaukee works totally fine).

User Tag List