Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans, HomeDepot is on point

Veterans, HomeDepot is on point

Their vet discount is better than Lowes, they carry Tier-1 Milwaukee tools unlike Lowes, and they usually faster than Amazon on most things while beating Amazon's pricing. Get their app, sign up for the vet discount, order from there, be pleasantly surprised.

Hi, I'm LL and I'm a Milwaukee addict. I get nothing from posting this.
    #RESIST

I just got back from Home Depot an hour ago. It's darn near a weekly trip.
    You are 100% spot on!

I did a fair amount of remodeling in my home over the past year and a half (aging in place stuff) and Home Depot has saved me a bundle.

I used to carry a copy of my DD214 and they always honored the discount. I downloaded the app as soon as it became available and it's simple enough for even a technotard like me to use. Of course I generally get free shipping along with their Mil Discount when ordering online. Very fast shipping in my experience. No hassle in person return if you decide you don't need or want the item.

But damn, they make it almost too easy to spend money

I buy a lot at Home Depot, use their veteran discount and appreciate it. Be nice if they didn't exempt lumber.

Haven't jumped through the hoops for the Lowe's program although I prefer their lumber over HD's even though they are the same grade.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    I get 10% off at Lowe's and Home Depot. Are you getting more than 10% at Home Depot? Time to go look.
    --Jason--

Home depot used to suck with the vet discount being restricted to retired or active duty only.

Then Lowes opened it up to all types of vets and started kicking ass.

Thankfully Home Depot came around so those of us that didn't put in the full 20 years but still served combat deployments can get a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I get 10% off at Lowe's and Home Depot. Are you getting more than 10% at Home Depot? Time to go look.
    Yearly purchase limits for that 10%?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Yearly purchase limits for that 10%?
    That I don't know. I don't buy a lot, but I do need a shed.
    --Jason--

Looked up the terms for each, Lowes doesn't seem to have a yearly limit, but has some exceptions.

Home Depot has a $400 annual limit.

Discounts aside, recently helped out someone needing a small load of wood to transport it. I was expecting to need to wade through everything they had to find a few almost straight boards. No need. The wood looked terrific.

What happened? Not complaining, just a very big difference from just a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Discounts aside, recently helped out someone needing a small load of wood to transport it. I was expecting to need to wade through everything they had to find a few almost straight boards. No need. The wood looked terrific.

What happened? Not complaining, just a very big difference from just a year or so ago.
    That's a day you should have been in Vegas.😁

User Tag List