Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windham Weapons Closes

Windham Weapons Closes

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sad, the AR market is very saturated and I fear they won't be the last to fail.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

They never seemed to be able to garner much attention. Their clone offerings looked promising but inventory seemed to be an issue as they rarely had stock, which only got worse with the recent panics.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Were they the resurrected Bushmaster?

From what I understand, the owner of Bushmaster through the mid-2000’s was Richard Dyke. He sold to Cerberus, then reopened the factory as Windham Weaponry and offered employees their jobs back once Cerberus Bushmaster relocated out of state. I seem to remember hearing of a contract clause barring him from doing so for a certain number of years.

I used to vacation on the lakes west of Windham, Maine, and I seemed to get a positive impression from the locals when Dyke was mentioned.

My first AR15 was a 16” Bushmaster from 2005, and while I didn’t put many rounds through it (I was flat broke) it seemed decent for the money. I’ve never handled a WW or Cerberus Bushmaster.

Vending Machine Operator
    I feel for them. I don't think I ever heard a bad review of them for a basic AR. Unfortunately, in a world where Smith & Wesson M&P Sport IIs are regularly $500, Ruger has a $500 option, and there are a hundred other boutique makers, this was probably inevitable.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I feel for them. I don't think I ever heard a bad review of them for a basic AR. Unfortunately, in a world where Smith & Wesson M&P Sport IIs are regularly $500, Ruger has a $500 option, and there are a hundred other boutique makers, this was probably inevitable.
    Spot on.

Not sure what to think. Bushmaster certainty cut corners in the early days but also fell to some terrible legal judgments. I feel for the folks who lost their jobs but the market is so saturated right now someone was bound to fall. One of my LGSs has a wall filled with basic WW carbines that haven’t seemed to move for the past year.

I always meant to find them when I drive through Windham, never did. Sad to hear they didn’t make it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I can sell lowers and high end ARs okay right now, but our walls are filled with decent entry level and mid tier ARs that are just collecting dust. Customers around here seem pretty ARed out unless its a carry handle gun....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    From what I understand, the owner of Bushmaster through the mid-2000’s was Richard Dyke. He sold to Cerberus, then reopened the factory as Windham Weaponry and offered employees their jobs back once Cerberus Bushmaster relocated out of state. I seem to remember hearing of a contract clause barring him from doing so for a certain number of years.

I used to vacation on the lakes west of Windham, Maine, and I seemed to get a positive impression from the locals when Dyke was mentioned.

My first AR15 was a 16” Bushmaster from 2005, and while I didn’t put many rounds through it (I was flat broke) it seemed decent for the money. I’ve never handled a WW or Cerberus Bushmaster.
    OG Bushmasters, as far as I ever saw, were ok. Not that there was stiff competition during the ban. Windham seemed to be the exact same product, meaning they're more than adequate for 99% of users. But they never really did the new, cool setups. All their uppers are retro, which I love, but probably doesn't (and obviously didn't) pay the bills. And also, truth be told, Windham doesn't sound nearly as cool as Bushmaster.

User Tag List