Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defensive Pistol Match (9/9/23)

We have another guy who carries an aluminum lawn chair w/ him. Not sure what his ailment is but he sits in that chair except for the walk through and his shooting time.
    That might be me. Standing for any greater length of time is a cacophony of back and leg pain.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Having a folding chair in your cart is not unknown here for the old geezer set. I have a stool that I carry. I did leave a stool at Given's conference when it was in Tulsa though, LOL. I was reading in the Enos forum about a debate on how much track meet and aerobatics to have in a match and had to laugh. I'm in the walk to each position crowd. I care about my hits and the total time is meaningless, it's a club match so it's gun handling/shooting practice and fun.

I take a penalty if need be but our guys are pretty good on not designing impossible club matches for the soon to be zombie set. At one match though, some young guy I never saw before had a fit that some of us were taking a penalty to avoid kneeling behind barrels. UnFAIR! Shut up - never saw him again.

Anyway, started with a personal trainer today to try to recover some stuff. My balance is crappy. Worked on knee and legs. Her suggestions for biceps and triceps exercises were trivial weights - no effort needed - some remnants of past heavy weights, I suppose. Nice trainer, is a martial artist too. Since I didn't eat before the early morning session, I stopped at a local joint for a bagel, lox and coffee. Good morning start.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List