Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It doesn't get ugly until your attorneys have to hire attorneys. MAGA, making attorneys get attorneys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Sidebar: that’s pretty funny.
    I see what you did there, slipping that lawyer talk.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    There's your sign. She should try beauty school or something remotely geared to her abilities.
    I don't know, the two gals who cut my hair both have a better handle on things than most folks, certainly better than her.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I don't know, the two gals who cut my hair both have a better handle on things than most folks, certainly better than her.
    OK. Maybe medical orderly.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    My gun range has been sending out updates since this order was announced. Among other comments, the latest one had this information about the actual statute that references public health emergency orders:

The part that defines what a public health emergency actually is interests me the most. Sounds like the Governor can’t legally declare “gun violence” as a public health emergency to begin with.
    She probably didn't read that one either. She'll be a UNM's school of law standout but not in any positive way.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-12-2023 at 09:29 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post

The part that defines what a public health emergency actually is interests me the most. Sounds like the Governor can’t legally declare “gun violence” as a public health emergency to begin with.
    This is a trivial concern for types like Grisham.

Its a NJ move. Do it anyway, see ya in court, I get my way until/if its overturned.

I didn't see this in this thread, but I also didn't read through all of this shit (sorry dudes, I'm tired and on low bandwidth for the kind of garbage that Gov Grisham is attempting and our resulting discussion). Anyways, here is SAF's Press Release on Suing NM Governor :

September 12, 2023

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation has filed a federal lawsuit against New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham and four other officials on the grounds that the governor’s “emergency order’ prohibiting open and concealed carry in Albuquerque and surrounding Bernalillo violates the Second and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.

Joining SAF are the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association, Firearms Policy Coalition and a private citizen, Zachary Fort, who resides in Bernalillo County. They are represented by Jordon George of Aragon Moss George Jenkins, LLP who has also filed a motion for a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction. The lawsuit and motion were filed in U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.

In addition to Gov. Lujan Grisham, defendants are Patrick M. Allen, cabinet secretary for the New Mexico Department of Health; Jason R. Bowie, cabinet secretary for the New Mexico Department of Public Safety, and W. Troy Weisler, chief of the New Mexico State Police. They are all sued individually and in their official capacities.

“Despite her clams to the contrary,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb, “Gov. Grisham does not have the authority to ‘suspend’ the Second Amendment for an alleged public health emergency or any other reason. Neither do any of the other defendants, nor can they legally enforce such a suspension.”

“Evidently,” added SAF Executive Director Adam Kraut, “Gov. Lujan Grisham believes she can disregard the constitution to further her own political views. We’re taking action to stop this unconstitutional exercise of power in its tracks, because it is a flagrant violation of the right of individual citizens to carry firearms in public for personal defense.

“Our motion for a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction will prevent the state from further causing injury to the plaintiffs and other citizens under this unlawful order,” Kraut added.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Its a NJ move. Do it anyway, see ya in court, I get my way until/if its overturned.
    With the exception that what she did is so far off the reservation that literally every key executive official in its enforcement has immediately said, "uh, no."

When the State AG calls something unconstitutional and that he won't enforce it nor defend the governors actions, that's pretty much nails in the coffin. The order is dead. Everything from here on out is just judicial stuff after the fact to make an example of her.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    With the exception that what she did is so far off the reservation that literally every key executive official in its enforcement has immediately said, "uh, no."

When the State AG calls something unconstitutional and that he won't enforce it nor defend the governors actions, that's pretty much nails in the coffin. The order is dead. Everything from here on out is just judicial stuff after the fact to make an example of her.
    When Ted Lieu tells you that your gun control move is unconstitutional, you've really gone waaaay beyond the line.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Everything from here on out is just judicial stuff after the fact to make an example of her.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List