Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

Governor Grisham just issued a public health order declaring gun violence an epidemic and suspended people’s rights to carry firearms open or concealed for 30 days in the Albuquerque metro area. It’s not like the gangsters and drug dealers responsible for the violence were carrying guns under valid NM CCWs. The illegal things they were doing before remain illegal except now law abiding citizens are denied their constitutional rights and the practical ability to defend themselves.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Ain't it grand?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

15 30 days to stop the spread.

Edit: I read the executive order and at the top of the 2nd page it states "I have determined that the foregoing situation constitutes a statewide public health emergency of unknown duration as defined by the Public Health Emergency Response Act". That definition appears to be NM Statute 12-10A-3(G) which says: "'public health emergency' means the occurrence or imminent threat of exposure to an extremely dangerous condition or a highly infectious or toxic agent, including a threatening communicable disease, that poses an imminent threat of substantial harm to the population of the state of New Mexico or any portion thereof;"

It's pretty obvious that the section doesn't apply in any manner to firearm carry. But who knows what a court will find in the inevitable lawsuit.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 09-08-2023 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    15 30 days to stop the spread.
    MLG instituted some pretty severe COVID lockdowns, the economic effects of which are still being felt.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Fairly certain this would be viewed as unconstitutional ... not that that sort of things matters anymore.

My brother lives there and according to him it's like Chiraq. People being killed in da streetz almost every week, but then he's a drama queen.

Looks like ABQ doesn't even make the top 10 for homicides Q2 in 2023. Granted, that could change by years end, but they won't catch up to Memphis, St Louis or KC. I don't see those cities revoking ones constitutional right. If you pass a BC and have a permit issued by the state you should be able to carry. The NM governor must be an idiot or a democrat, or both.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

This seems...ill-advised.

Expect it to be copied in short order by the rulers of other big cities where they are currently in the middle of suffering the consequences of their own policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The NM governor must be an idiot or a democrat, or both.
    Well, yes to both, but it's New Mexico: irregardless of party, politician and idiot are often, if not always, synonymous there...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I think if one were to continue to carry against the governors orders and happened to be in a SD shooting, prosecutors would properly drop any charges related to a violation of the the governors orders. I think it would be proved to not be a state wide health related epidemic. Gun violence is not an epidemic. Epidemics are diseases, not gang bangers shooting kids on their way home from school. That's social behavior.

if I lived there I'd continue to carry, make sure my insurance was paid up, which it is, and make sure I didn't miss the balloon Fiesta next month.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-08-2023 at 09:40 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

How did NM get so jacked up?

User Tag List