Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    A FNC article that I read stated that NM has no recall provisions. She would need to be voted out of office or impeached. According to a simple Google search of the terms “NM Impeachment” yields multiple sources that basically say impeachment requires majority of the House and a trial in the Senate with 2/3 majority to convict. In other words, not going to happen.

As for chest thumping - I stand by my comment that asking State Police to illegally detain and cite people for exercising their 2A rights is a great way to incite needless violent conflict between LE and law abiding citizens.
    Two NM legislators have already called for impeachment.

I don’t think it’s an accident this was announced on a Friday when the courts are closed. I expect a TRO regarding the governor’s order quickly.

The city and county LE have already stated (directly or indirectly) that they will not be participating in this. The State police work directly for the Governor but have yet to say anything on the matter one way or another.

Site Supporter
    It'll be interesting to see what this little social science experiment turns up.

We will see in "30 days":

Did any form of crime go down in a significant way?

Did 'gun violence' decrease?

I go through ABQ a few times a year. Evaluating my options.

"Land of Enchantment...Not So Much"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what this little social science experiment turns up.

Did any form of crime go down in a significant way?

Did 'gun violence' decrease?

I go through ABQ a few times a year. Evaluating my options.
    The problem is the data they report cannot be trusted. The crime data can go way down if it's manipulated or not officially reported.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

"Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

I see a problem with any peace officer enforcing this order. Knowingly violating a person’s rights, “under the color of law” causes one to lose qualified immunity. I can see several 1983 actions against agencies and individual officers for enforcing this “public health emergency.” IANAL, just my interpretation from a command staff point of view.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    The problem is the data they report cannot be trusted. The crime data can go way down if it's manipulated or not officially reported.
    I agree with this. Despite my college degree causing me to lose whatever "wisdom" I may have once had as a high school student (LOL - a poke at Newb), I spent a year in college stats courses, and it was from a stat 101 professor's mouth on my first day in that state-run institution that I was first told, "Figures never lie, but liars figure."

Consciously setting bias aside in interpreting raw data is often not done. Correlation =/= Causation, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "Land of Enchantment...Not So Much"
    I think it's important to not lump the political class, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, or Las Cruces in with the test of new mexico. Pretty much every county but those three voted red in the last election. I know in my county, unconstitutional laws will not be followed and they would have a hell of a time enforcing them. Unfortunately it's another example of a urban center trying to dictate their "utopia" on the rest of us. She wanted to see how people would respond for one city, hopefully she is impeached and traitors will take notice.

Site Supporter
    You are correct in the particulars. I was implying, I guess, that if he had insurance, he also had a valid permit. So it was hypothetical as to the carry aspect as subways were and are banned. The issue was location vs. carry.

It speaks to the need to clarify sensitive places based on some rational criteria - which escapes Scotus supposed gun rights advocates.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

ABQ DA will not enforce this abortion of an order.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...led-carry-ban/
    #RESIST

User Tag List