Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico Governor suspends carrying of firearms in Albuquerque for 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I think it's important to not lump the political class, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, or Las Cruces in with the test of new mexico. Pretty much every county but those three voted red in the last election. I know in my county, unconstitutional laws will not be followed and they would have a hell of a time enforcing them. Unfortunately it's another example of a urban center trying to dictate their "utopia" on the rest of us. She wanted to see how people would respond for one city, hopefully she is impeached and traitors will take notice.
    Don't worry about me, brother. I always loved the time I spent in NM. I don't base my opinions on the idiots and miscreants.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Don't worry about me, brother. I always loved the time I spent in NM. I don't base my opinions on the idiots and miscreants.
    I know. Pray for us, they really are trying to ruin this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    The problem is the data they report cannot be trusted. The crime data can go way down if it's manipulated or not officially reported.
    My Intro to Criminal Justice 101 Professor Hernandez talked about this. He explained how departments and cities manipulate stats for politics and funding. You need more money make it look like there’s a lot more crime. You want to make yourself look good manipulate the stats. He wasn’t an ivory tower guy he was a retired Cleveland cop back when ASU had a lot of professors who were retired LE. Then they changed the degree to Justice Studies…

I had first hand experience with this under ComStat under Gascan. Just one example. You take a report where a car is broken into but nothing was stolen. You didn’t write it up as attempted burglary because that’s a reportable felony. That’s a criminal damage stat under ComStat. The felony makes the commander unhappy because he’s going to get fried by the Chief. The Chief doesn’t want to report felonies to the UCR. So it’s a criminal damage.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

C'mon folks," if it saves just one life"

If this survives challenge, it will be interesting to see the plethora of "public health emergencies" and exercises in "emergency powers" used in short duration across the country in select cities and states.

Watching her speaking, it's almost like "yeah, we know it's illegal, what are you going to do about it?" vibe she's putting off.

I suspect they are more than willing to play the game, see how far they can run this out. After all, it isn't their personal funds that get burned up in the court and lawsuits.

It costs them nothing to play the "press to test game".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

NOTE: I’m not advocating what comes next. This would be just as awful as the Albuquerque situation.

Public health emergency! Gang violence is epidemic! Suspend the constitution and enforce a curfew and warrantless searches for anyone who looks like a gangster.

Public health emergency! Homelessness is epidemic! Suspend the constitution and make all homeowners house and feed two hobos per home.

Let’s hear more ideas to make our cities safer!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what this little social science experiment turns up.

We will see in "30 days":

Did any form of crime go down in a significant way?

Did 'gun violence' decrease?

I go through ABQ a few times a year. Evaluating my options.
    I predict crimes against persons will increase.

Since the City and County have said "NO", UCR data will likely be usable.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I see a problem with any peace officer enforcing this order. Knowingly violating a person’s rights, “under the color of law” causes one to lose qualified immunity. I can see several 1983 actions against agencies and individual officers for enforcing this “public health emergency.” IANAL, just my interpretation from a command staff point of view.
    At the state level qualified immunity is already gone.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Public health emergency! Homelessness is epidemic! Suspend the constitution and make all homeowners house and feed two hobos per home.

Let’s hear more ideas to make our cities safer!
    I saw a proposal somewhere that people with room in their homes take in the migrants, AKA illegal invaders. Absolutely insane!

Here is the first thing that came up on a search.

https://welcomeus.service-now.com/sp...caAsuUEALw_wcB

SPONSOR PEOPLE SEEKING REFUGE IN THE UNITED STATES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    My Intro to Criminal Justice 101 Professor Hernandez talked about this. He explained how departments and cities manipulate stats for politics and funding. You need more money make it look like there’s a lot more crime. You want to make yourself look good manipulate the stats. He wasn’t an ivory tower guy he was a retired Cleveland cop back when ASU had a lot of professors who were retired LE. Then they changed the degree to Justice Studies…

I had first hand experience with this under ComStat under Gascan. Just one example. You take a report where a car is broken into but nothing was stolen. You didn’t write it up as attempted burglary because that’s a reportable felony. That’s a criminal damage stat under ComStat. The felony makes the commander unhappy because he’s going to get fried by the Chief. The Chief doesn’t want to report felonies to the UCR. So it’s a criminal damage.
    One local department (school police, shouldn't exist according to an AG decision...another story.) Had a rule that if a classroom was broken into, and only the teacher's personal property was taken, it was a larceny, it was only a burglary if school district property was stolen...

pat

Site Supporter
    Oops, I double tapped again.

Training scar...Gonna get me killt on da streetz, I am sure...

pat

User Tag List