Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

If I were y'all - I wouldn't be renewing/updating anything. Because EVERYTHING that USPSA BOD has done up to this point leads me to believe that there will not be a USPSA - as such - when the dust settles.

From Practical Shooting Insights.

Name:  IMG_1643.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1644.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  35.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If I were y'all - I wouldn't be renewing/updating anything. Because EVERYTHING that USPSA BOD has done up to this point leads me to believe that there will not be a USPSA - as such - when the dust settles.

From Practical Shooting Insights.

Name:  IMG_1643.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1644.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  35.8 KB
    OUCH

YVK and Cheby should join the suit since they just bought life memberships.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

They’ll settle out of court. It won’t amount to anything except hopefully they’ll take it more seriously when they decide to ban someone.

Not going to affect the ability of the organization to continue as an organization. Just might not be in Delaware.

Uh…well this is interesting, to say the least.

Joe is (was?) on the Infinity Firearms team, yes?

https://www.ssusa.org/content/the-in...s-junior-camp/

The one involved in the Cameogate shenanigans last June?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK and Cheby should join the suit since they just bought life memberships.
    I wanna Troy's ATW and a Glock 19 Optic Division.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    They’ll settle out of court. It won’t amount to anything except hopefully they’ll take it more seriously when they decide to ban someone.

Not going to affect the ability of the organization to continue as an organization. Just might not be in Delaware.
    Delewares one of the easiest states to incorporate in I’m told. You would be surprised what is registered in that state.

Oh, I don't think that is going to be the case on either count. The people and money behind this are not looking for a payday. They are looking to dismantle USPSA or at least remove its most valuable asset...

The IPSC Constitution (section 5.9) is actually pretty clear that Regional Affiliations can be suspended if they are in violation of the rules of affiliation, misrepresent members, or mismanage the affairs of the region.

This lawsuit ain't about money. It's about establishing that the USPSA BOD has been in violation of state and/or federal laws, mismanaging the affairs of the region, and not representative of practical shooters in its region. Establishment of those facts will allow a petition to move forward to the IPSC Executive Council to suspend USPSA's IPSC Affiliation.

That is the goal of this lawsuit. If folks end up in other legal trouble or jail, that'll be a bonus for the plaintiffs.

They’ll settle out of court.
    They might want to but the plantiff may not agree to it. I suspect this guy is out to make his point more than the money....
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Oh, I don't think that is going to be the case on either count. The people and money behind this are not looking for a payday. They are looking to dismantle USPSA or at least remove its most valuable asset...

The IPSC Constitution (section 5.9) is actually pretty clear that Regional Affiliations can be suspended if they are in violation of the rules of affiliation, misrepresent members, or mismanage the affairs of the region.

This lawsuit ain't about money. It's about establishing that the USPSA BOD has been in violation of state and/or federal laws, mismanaging the affairs of the region, and not representative of practical shooters in its region. Establishment of those facts will allow a petition to move forward to the IPSC Executive Council to suspend USPSA's IPSC Affiliation.

That is the goal of this lawsuit. If folks end up in other legal trouble or jail, that'll be a bonus for the plaintiffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    They might want to but the plantiff may not agree to it. I suspect this guy is out to make his point more than the money....
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Delewares one of the easiest states to incorporate in I’m told. You would be surprised what is registered in that state.
    You guys are the experts in these matters so I defer to your experience and judgment!

I don’t know, but I am not sure USPSA would care if they splintered from IPSC completely.

And I don’t know if the plaintiff wouldn’t be happy with the moral win, reinstatement, apology and a little cash.

User Tag List