Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    For someone with so much talent, and who has so much to offer in terms of knowledge, Ben Stoeger's continuing snark is very disappointing.
    I don't like Ben's 4Chan troll Instagram-influencer persona. I might have thought it was funny or interesting when I was 14, but I doubt it. I've never been a fan of that crap from anyone, including our former POTUS.

On the other hand, Ben's done more to push for a better USPSA than anyone out there, so I'll give him a pass.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Following this out of curiosity. Felt compelled to say that I took a class from Stoeger a couple years ago. I was a bit apprehensive having read the Doodie Project. I was surprised to find Stoeger a polite, approachable, resourceful instructor. I like the guy. Seemingly the same tenacity that fueled his rise in competition won't let him let go of the USPA bone in his mouth/craw.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Everybody tells me the same thing wrt Ben. In person in class, great teacher, great to be around. Then I look at his internet persona and cringe.

Reminds me of James Yeager in that respect. The same things said about him.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    According to him, from another video, he said he's repeatedly gone through the "proper channels" to try and rectify various situations in the past to no avail.
    I'm paraphrasing off of memory. If that's in fact the case, what is one to do except to publicly shine light on the situation?

I find it very strange people have such a problem with attitude and personalities considering the circumstances. Call me crazy but, I feel like truth and facts matter more than people's feelings given the circumstances.
    Is Ben wrong? Has he not done his due diligence or gone through proper channels in the past? Is he missing important facts that shine a different light on the situation? I get people disliking attitude, but I haven't heard anyone refute his claims.

It strikes me as sort of a head-in-the-sand mentality to be so worried about feelings, snark, etc as opposed to alleged corruption and unethical behavior. In better times, I understand the desire for decorum which is of course preferable.
    But when you have leadership of an organization allegedly failing to even manage corporate documents that apparently have been expired for ~5yrs now... Sounds like something is rotten in Denmark and needs to be rooted out.
    I feel that he could be far more effective with an intelligent, thoughtful persona, rather than what he is displaying. If he is truly trying to fix the problems, and I think on some level he is, then I think he would be more effective with a somewhat less low brow approach.

My wife and I were just watching his most recent video on the lawsuit. He does not present well.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've recently been listening to pstg after dark for a podcast and enjoying it, but of all the personalities on the show, his is most off-putting. Joel and Hwansik seem great though.

Despite that, he still seems to have contributed a lot to the community.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

MEANWHILE, back on topic...

Can any of our legal beagles sketch out a notional timeline that these kinds of cases take?

Or at least what are the key points to watch in the coming weeks/months?

What I am wondering is if there is a road map or similar that those of use who are not familiar with how lawsuits go can follow or at least to pay attention to.

So, for example, the lawsuit was filed on 8 September, correct? And I understand that USPSA has 30 days to respond? Do they do that in writing? Or does the attorney for USPSA actually go appear in front of Judge Haupt in Stark County Ohio and testify as to USPSA's position on these allegations?

And then what? I hear terms like "discovery" and "deposition" (I think I know what that means from watching Suits ) but not sure how that plays in as far as a schedule?

And speaking of schedule...does the judge set out a trial date, even if just a planned one, at this point?

Or what?

Appreciate any help here in orienting to the "what happens next" question...

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I've recently been listening to pstg after dark for a podcast and enjoying it, but of all the personalities on the show, his is most off-putting. Joel and Hwansik seem great though.

Despite that, he still seems to have contributed a lot to the community.
    Met Ben/Joel this March the 1st X when hosting them for 4 days & 48 diff. students + Hwansik & an AD SEAL that met Ben and @backtrail540 your comments seem spot on.

Both classes filled way before '22 yr. end so have 'em coming back again next March & Ben's def. still in demand, as Skills & Drills is 85% full w/ Fundamentals a tick under 1/2 & both classes are still 5+ months out.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 09-14-2023 at 06:42 PM.

I just wat5ched a very interesting video with Ben S. interviewing a guy who is heading an group effort to sue USPSA in order to change the bylaws and make it a legit organization.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I just wat5ched a very interesting video with Ben S. interviewing a guy who is heading an group effort to sue USPSA in order to change the bylaws and make it a legit organization.

Watched the first half. Interesting legal approach. No idea if it has merit since it’s out of my lane. Be interesting to see if any of our forum Juris Doctors think the idea has merit. Something has to be done, for sure.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List