Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    This is, of course, the heart of the matter- the ~5% who do the 95% of the work required at the local and regional level to put on matches.

Without that dedicated group, you literally have no USPSA. Same for a great many individual sports.
    Absolutely. And that 5% are the people I support, not the org.

If people don’t show up to the clubs run by those vets, they burn out and leave. THEN the organization is toast.

As long as those guys are showing up, I’m showing up and I don’t really give two shits about the BOD or corporate drama.

Saying fuck you to the org is saying fuck you to the dedicated vets. When THEY say they’ve had enough and are quitting, then I quit. But not before then.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As annoying as the USPSA governance issues are, I would quit New Mexico way before quitting USPSA. While there will be discontent, bitching and moaning, I don't see those who regularly participate in USPSA matches leaving the organization.
    Does any of that impact matches or organization at the state or local level? This is not a criticism, but a question.

Stoeger interviews Bill Godbold last night.

My Cliff's after a quick watch:

- Bill thinks the USPSA "Delaware" thing is not a huge deal for the Board to rectify
    - USPSA would have to re-register/get current in Delaware to respond to the lawsuit.
    - Joe's suspension ends in October anyway, so reinstatement is probably not a primary goal of the lawsuit
    - Bill does not expect a huge change in USPSA operations from the lawsuit, the bigger impact will be in discovery
    - This will not resolve anytime soon, if it goes to trial it will be likely 2025
    - If I heard it correctly, the board does not have the authority to amend bylaws or remove members without membership approval, according to Delaware law

Bill is an attorney and USPSA shooter who practices in Arkansas.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-14-2023 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Does any of that impact matches or organization at the state or local level? This is not a criticism, but a question.
    Not locally.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Stoeger interviews Bill Godbold last night.

My Cliff's after a quick watch:

- Bill thinks the USPSA "Delaware" thing is not a huge deal for the Board to rectify
    - USPSA would have to re-register/get current in Delaware to respond to the lawsuit.
    - Joe's suspension ends in October anyway, so reinstatement is probably not a primary goal of the lawsuit
    - Bill does not expect a huge change in USPSA operations from the lawsuit, the bigger impact will be in discovery
    - This will not resolve anytime soon, if it goes to trial it will be likely 2025
    - If I heard it correctly, the board does not have the authority to amend bylaws or remove members without membership approval, according to Delaware law

Bill is an attorney and USPSA shooter who practices in Arkansas.
    Thank you for the Cliff’s notes!

For someone with so much talent, and who has so much to offer in terms of knowledge, Ben Stoeger's continuing snark is very disappointing.

For someone with so much talent, and who has so much to offer in terms of knowledge, Ben Stoeger's continuing snark is very disappointing.
    He seems to be missing a filter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    He seems to be missing a filter.
    That is perhaps the best way to describe it as I've ever heard. Someone who comes off as a putz, who happens to be intelligent, educated, talented and capable.

"Missing a filter". That's brilliant!

Site Supporter
    Components of intelligence - one is emotional and interpersonally interactive processing. Separate from analytic smarts, or so it is thought. Can be bright and a putz.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

According to him, from another video, he said he's repeatedly gone through the "proper channels" to try and rectify various situations in the past to no avail.
    I'm paraphrasing off of memory. If that's in fact the case, what is one to do except to publicly shine light on the situation?

I find it very strange people have such a problem with attitude and personalities considering the circumstances. Call me crazy but, I feel like truth and facts matter more than people's feelings given the circumstances.
    Is Ben wrong? Has he not done his due diligence or gone through proper channels in the past? Is he missing important facts that shine a different light on the situation? I get people disliking attitude, but I haven't heard anyone refute his claims.

It strikes me as sort of a head-in-the-sand mentality to be so worried about feelings, snark, etc as opposed to alleged corruption and unethical behavior. In better times, I understand the desire for decorum which is of course preferable.
    But when you have leadership of an organization allegedly failing to even manage corporate documents that apparently have been expired for ~5yrs now... Sounds like something is rotten in Denmark and needs to be rooted out.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List