Thread: USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

Site Supporter
    Amen to that. Here's an example of the next USPSA division:

Name:  9-13-2023 10-07-34 AM Gold.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  47.0 KB
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Another problem is that this club culture trickles down. Here one of our best shooter in the state was recently banned under very shady circumstances from our main range. Could not shoot state match that he probably would've won.
    Did you get the full story of what went down? Because from what I understand the circumstances were, arguably, other than "shady".

That (lifetime!) ban was well earned if what I heard happened, actually happened... and there is a long, well documented history regarding the behavior of that (very talented) individual.

What I can't understand, is how another person, who is far more famous in certain circles (including this forum), was given a second chance after engaging in what would be considered assault under UT state law, at the same match.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    The interesting part, if you didn't watch the influencers, would you know about any of the nonsense? I have found in many volunteer, well any orgs, that if you don't pay attention to the snark between insiders, life is better.

I just want an org that maintains a good rules set, a good classification system, promotes the sport, and is not expensive to be a member of. I don't care about the sponsor shirt crowd bitching, GM infighting, who said what, etc.
    Yeah, but the corruption, nepotism, and unethical behavior will still be there if you ignore it... Call me crazy but, I find those things to be more of a concern than worrying about "mean tweets!"
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Yeah, but the corruption, nepotism, and unethical behavior will still be there if you ignore it... Call me crazy but, I find those things to be more of a concern than worrying about "mean tweets!"
    The issue is that you think your concern will impact it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Did you get the full story of what went down? Because from what I understand the circumstances were, arguably, other than "shady".

That (lifetime!) ban was well earned if what I heard happened, actually happened... and there is a long, well documented history regarding the behavior of that (very talented) individual.

What I can't understand, is how another person, who is far more famous in certain circles (including this forum), was given a second chance after engaging in what would be considered assault under UT state law, at the same match.
    I have not decided how to approach this situation, including the part of getting the story. You and I should chat on Saturday.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-13-2023 at 11:18 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    The issue is that you think your concern will impact it.
    It absolutely will when people start leaving, like I did, and many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    It absolutely will when people start leaving, like I did, and many others.
    Dunno. The sport in general has really high turnover.

If you look at a sample match result of a local club, most of the participants are within the last 5 years.

As long as fresh blood keeps coming in and the key club members that donate blood and sweat to run matches stay, the sport continues on.

Really, the vast majority of competitors burn out, lose interest or just find other things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Dunno. The sport in general has really high turnover.

If you look at a sample match result of a local club, most of the participants are within the last 5 years.

As long as fresh blood keeps coming in and the key club members that donate blood and sweat to run matches stay, the sport continues on.

Really, the vast majority of competitors burn out, lose interest or just find other things to do.
    I think the mismanagement of funds will handle a lot of that

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    I think the mismanagement of funds will handle a lot of that

I tend to be a glass half full kind of guy. I’ll enjoy the sport for what it is.

Nothing the board or org does changes my enjoyment of the sport itself.

I love America despite mismanagement of resources and political shenanigans.

I’m not moving to New Zealand or Canada either.

I’ll keep on with USPSA until my enjoyment gets impacted.

If it folds, it folds. I’ve wasted more money on sillier things.

USPSA as a sport still has some of my favorite people locally and one of my favorite things to do on a weekend.

Me, too. I am a low to medium level shooter - my IDPA vest logo is 'Team Mediocre' - and I am not much interested in narrow gauge office politics as long as somebody is hanging targets.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List