Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bergara Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I purchased a newer model 70 a couple of years ago. The scope mounts were not aligned with the barrel. Sent it back, they replaced the rifle completely. It was absolutely a beautiful rifle. However it was very Amo finicky and I could only find one particular Hornady load that it liked. Furthermore, when it like that load it would only shoot about two shots worth in a good zone, shot number three and up would start veering off significantly. Probably okay for a hunting gun but not if you want to keep shooting, go out and have fun, Etc

Also had a Lupo. Overall fit and finish nowhere near the winchester. However it would shoot a five shot group tight with a wider variety of ammo also.
    Your experience surely doesn't reflect well on Winchester quality.

I own a wood stocked Benelli R1 that is a beautiful rifle, well made and just oozes quality. It's an ingenious design also. You could take it completely apart, including removing the barrel from the receiver as well as the bolt, all without needing one tool! I also was able to check out a wooden stock Lupo and it seemed like similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Your experience surely doesn't reflect well on Winchester quality.

I own a wood stocked Benelli R1 that is a beautiful rifle, well made and just oozes quality. It's an ingenious design also. You could take it completely apart, including removing the barrel from the receiver as well as the bolt, all without needing one tool! I also was able to check out a wooden stock Lupo and it seemed like similar quality.
    Oh wow, didn't realize they were making Lupo's with wood now. Mine was synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Oh wow, didn't realize they were making Lupo's with wood now. Mine was synthetic.
    Yes. Was priced north of $2k!

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    What’s your budget?

Zermatt Arms Origin Action: ~$900
    Trigger: ~$200 to $330
    Pre-fit barrel: ~$600
    Chassis or Stock: $500 to $1,500 depending on what you want/get
    Not that.

User Tag List