Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Ellifritz: Surviving Burning Man

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Wait-that's a thing?
    Er, asking for a friend.

Someone mentioned that if you had a camper with a shower, the odds of hooking up were quite high.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Someone mentioned that if you had a camper with a shower, the odds of hooking up were quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You said it bro. I've spent enough time in the Hippie Lands to be sick to death of them.
    Idaho is ready for you when you are ready for Idaho.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Idaho is ready for you when you are ready for Idaho.
    This
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@Maple Syrup Actual had a couple of threads about him and his wife going to Burning Man:
    https://www.totalprotectioninteracti...ing-man-really
    https://www.totalprotectioninteracti...-burning-man-2

I actually have the original posts loaded (given the slow nature of TPI), so could repost them if he was okay with it, make it a bit easier for everyone to read them, they're some real gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    @Maple Syrup Actual had a couple of threads about him and his wife going to Burning Man:
    https://www.totalprotectioninteracti...ing-man-really
    https://www.totalprotectioninteracti...-burning-man-2

I actually have the original posts loaded (given the slow nature of TPI), so could repost them if he was okay with it, make it a bit easier for everyone to read them, they're some real gems.
    Agreed. I remember when those were first posted. I’d never heard of that event and it wouldn’t have been something I’d ever consider attending. But I read all of those, and Greg’s and now I’m giving it some thought, although my daughter says I’m not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Our neighbor is a fit single guy in his 70s, and likes to go to Burning Man to have sex with girls half his age. Good on him--I might do the same thing in his position.
    The 3rd year of Burning Man was nothing less than a utopia for a newly single dood looking to establish meaningful short term relationships with cute and smart ladies. I have no desire whatsoever to go again, especially after its corporatization and regulation.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I was going to Woodstock when in college. I was visiting my cousins on Long Island and they had a pool. We saw the traffic jam and stayed by the pool.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I was going to Woodstock when in college. I was visiting my cousins on Long Island and they had a pool. We saw the traffic jam and stayed by the pool.
    This is how I know I’m safely in GenX: if I could get in a time machine and go to Woodstock, I wouldn’t.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    i did white water raft on the Deschutes a couple of times with a friend who was a pro river guide and did all those outdoor channels weird and dangerous adventures. She had nothing good to say about flying through Saudi Arabia to get to some river in Kenya. Saw one guy flip out after making it through a Class 4 rapids and had to go away in the special ambulance. Couldn't stop laughing hysterically.

Now I stroll along the nice creeks and canals we have here. Very pretty mild trail systems.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List