Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ P01 For Fun

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    for the price of a CZ Shadow 2 Compact you could get a P-01 and a couple of thousand rounds of FMJ practice ammo, plus a holster from JM custom and a couple of springs and a trigger pin from Cajun GW.

If I end up carrying, I'll likely go with a JM, the leather one is just for my kicks because I prefer them for casual wear/range shooting.

These days my gun collecting/shooting is pretty much as follows:
    1.) Fun - Pretty much everything I own. My Berettas, Sigs, CZz, 1911s, etc.
    2.) Serious - Glock 17 Gen 5 for house, Glock 22 Gen 5 for woods, Glock 19 Gen 5 for cold weather carry/travel, Sig P365 for smaller carry, Ruger LCP Max for pocket carry.

That has been the rotation for a few years and sticking with one action/trigger type has made me a much better shooter.

It is, admittedly, a bit less fun and stylish.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I bought a CZ 75 SemiCompact around a year ago, and liked it. My wife bought a CZ 75BD about this time last year, and she shoots it WAAAAY better than our long gone Glock 19’s. I bought a P-01D within the past year, and if carrying a semiautomatic, that’s the one.

The P-01 had the hammer spring replaced with a 14# CGW part, lightened FP spring, and Lok thick grips. The 75 BD has a 13# hammer spring, longer FP with a a lightened spring, and some kind of VZ grips. We run all sorts of FMJ ammo through them, and never had a FTF. Carry ammo is 124 +P Sig Elite. The meager sights on the P01 and SemiCompact have been replaced with Metro night sights, but the 75 BD came with surprisingly decent sights.

Frank, I'm glad you mentioned sights. I put a set of Meprolight "Hyper Bright" night sights on my P-01. They're the type that have a bright orange ring around the front tritium vial so the are easy to see in daylight. The Meps have a similar profile to the factory OEM sights so they don't jab me in the gut like some sharp rear sights do while carried appendix. I opened up the rear notch with a needle file to form a U and make it a bit easier on my slightly worn-out eyes.

I carry my P-01 just about every day, except for when I'm carrying my HK P30 LEM or a S&W J-frame snubby
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Vending Machine Operator
    The sights are definitely getting changed. I have Ameriglos or Trijicons on all my Glocks, factory nights on my M&P Shield Plus, Sig Xrays on my P365, even a pretty good night sight on my LCP, and having good sights has spoiled me.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Looks like $599.

It was the deal of the day I think.

User Tag List