The bolt on my A400 will not close. I was on a Dove hunt this past weekend running 3" high brass #7s . During the 30 or so rounds I shot there were 3 instances of the bolt not closing which were easily remedied by pushing the bolt release. The final instance the bolt will not travel forward at all.

We dropped the trigger group in the field and the bolt will cycle fine. Once the trigger group is back in the gun it will retract smoothly but will not release at all.

When I got home I dropped the trigger group again and made sure none of the pins were loose. I removed the bolt and checked to make sure the firing pin retaining pin wasn't hanging up. I thoroughly cleaned and lubed the gun while I had it apart. Still no joy.

I did notice that if I held the trigger group in the gun with a punch the bolt will cycle with no issues. When I put the trigger group retaining pin in the bolt will retract smoothly but will not go into battery. The lifter will not move up when released either.

I also noticed a bit of dinging at the rear of the receiver.

Any suggestions before I send the gun off into the black hole of Beretta Customer Service?