Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plainclothtes retention holsters for RDS pistols?

Plainclothtes retention holsters for RDS pistols?

Finding a duty or concealed carry holster for an RDS equipped holster seems easy enough now. However, myself and others have been looking for a plainclothes RDS holster with some type of retention device. Safariland makes a paddle holster but as far as I know only comes in a light bearing version. I'm working as a court bailiff and don't need a duty style holster, but do want at least a thumb break. I'd like to find at least a quality pancake style, even better would be something in an ALS style.

Any ideas?

The BlackHawk T-series duty holsters are available in both light-bearing and non light-bearing versions for a variety of guns if you need something like a Safariland ALS holster. They've been well received by people who use them. I played around with one and was impressed by the build quality.

The Safariland Pro-fit GLS holsters are also non light-bearing with active retention, but the active retention wouldn't really keep someone from taking the gun due to how the retention is defeated if that's a concern for you.

Site Supporter
    US Duty Gear offers a few gun-only (no light) RDS ready retention holsters.

Adapters exist to convert these mid-low rides to use a G-Code RTI paddle, Safariland paddle or other high ride belt attachment method.

Not your context, mine is hiking, and when I carry OWB in the late fall and winter I like the thumb snap for all the stumbling around I do up in the national forest. I got the Galco Fletch to work for my old Gen 4 Glock 21 which has a Holosun 407CO in place direct milled, and that seems to work just fine. I wish it rode a bit lower but I can live with it. Same holster works ok with my Gen 5 G22/Acro because of the same size of the 21 and 22.5 slides now.
    Last edited by fatdog; 09-06-2023 at 03:16 PM.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Not your context, mine is hiking, and when I carry OWB in the late fall and winter I like the thumb snap for all the stumbling around I do up in the national forest. I got the Galco Fletch to work for my old Gen 4 Glock 21 which has a Holosun 407CO in place direct milled, and that seems to work just fine. I wish it rode a bit lower but I can live with it. Same holster works ok with my Gen 5 G22/Acro because of the same size of the 21 and 22.5 slides now.
    I saw the FLETCH and the COP 3 slot but I’d rather not have the 1 3/4” belt slots. I’ll probably get one for the time being but a co-worker was looking for something more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    US Duty Gear offers a few gun-only (no light) RDS ready retention holsters.

Adapters exist to convert these mid-low rides to use a G-Code RTI paddle, Safariland paddle or other high ride belt attachment method.
    Link for said adapters?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Finding a duty or concealed carry holster for an RDS equipped holster seems easy enough now. However, myself and others have been looking for a plainclothes RDS holster with some type of retention device. Safariland makes a paddle holster but as far as I know only comes in a light bearing version. I'm working as a court bailiff and don't need a duty style holster, but do want at least a thumb break. I'd like to find at least a quality pancake style, even better would be something in an ALS style.

Any ideas?
    For what gun/optic combo? Thats gonna help narrow down the search.

FWIW, I agree that the T-Series from Blackhawk is a viable option here for a low-pro retention rig, if it's a gun they make rigs for.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    For what gun/optic combo? Thats gonna help narrow down the search.

FWIW, I agree that the T-Series from Blackhawk is a viable option here for a low-pro retention rig, if it's a gun they make rigs for.
    I have an M&P/ACRO, most of my coworkers are carrying Glocks but don’t currently have optics.

The GLS Pro Fit works with an optic.

My GLS that is specific to a Glock works with some optics. The ACRO tends to be a little big, but I can seat the pistol with effort. A little relief work in the right spots would probably fix that.

Dana Safety had some GLS holster specifically for the M&P the last time I was in there a few months ago.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have an M&P/ACRO, most of my coworkers are carrying Glocks but don’t currently have optics.
    The Blackhawk T Series L2D is available for the M&P 1.0 and 2.0. They are low cut for an optic.

User Tag List