Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Smiths: 2" K38 Combat Masterpiece and Model 30 32 Hand Ejector

Site Supporter

Two Smiths: 2" K38 Combat Masterpiece and Model 30 32 Hand Ejector

At least I'm pretty sure that's what these two are. K38 is a 1971 I believe, Model 30 is early 70s sometime. Any good info I should have about them? Got a guy trying to get rid of them, prices seem to be $250-$550 based on condition. Not big revolver guy but I think these are both 95%+.

What would you pay, any interest on the forum?

Name:  PXL_20230902_233654304.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  99.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    At least I'm pretty sure that's what these two are. K38 is a 1971 I believe, Model 30 is early 70s sometime. Any good info I should have about them? Got a guy trying to get rid of them, prices seem to be $250-$550 based on condition. Not big revolver guy but I think these are both 95%+.

What would you pay, any interest on the forum?

Name:  PXL_20230902_233654304.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  99.6 KB
    I'd jump on both of those for those prices. $800 for both? Do it.

Unusually low prices can indicate stolen property. I'd pay a pawnshop to run their serial numbers.

Duces

Site Supporter
    Sorry, that probably wasn't clear but I'm selling them on behalf of a family friend Trying to gauge what I should ask for them b/c I'm the resident gun guy but not a huge classic revolver guy.

$1,000 for the both of them. Minimum $500 apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    $1,000 for the both of them. Minimum $500 apiece.
    This is a good starting point.

If you dont have one, open a gunbroker account, search out those models and save to your watch list and see what they go for over a week or two or so. Looking to see where bids stall out is another way but less reliable in the longer term. You can also see what completed auctions have done, though Ive not availed myself of that option.

The blue Smith-Wesson forum may be a good place to look or advertise them also, for super clean examples they tend to go a bit higher there.

The 32 is a real choice item as a geezer gun or cheaper fun shooter with low recoil. Id love to have the 32 but Im positive its way out of my budget at the moment.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    People here would definitely look at them.

The value can be highly localized for the guns. In some markets, revolvers don’t usually move very well, so a brick and mortar store can’t offer good prices for them. If you are good selling through the forum and are fine dealing with shipping, you can very likely get a good price, and rest assured that the guns will go to someone who appreciates them and will treat them with care. Those two look like they’re in very good condition, so $500 or so per gun sounds like a reasonable price floor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    This is a good starting point.

If you dont have one, open a gunbroker account, search out those models and save to your watch list and see what they go for over a week or two or so. Looking to see where bids stall out is another way but less reliable in the longer term. You can also see what completed auctions have done, though Ive not availed myself of that option.

The blue Smith-Wesson forum may be a good place to look or advertise them also, for super clean examples they tend to go a bit higher there.

The 32 is a real choice item as a geezer gun or cheaper fun shooter with low recoil. Id love to have the 32 but Im positive its way out of my budget at the moment.
    I am blown away by the balance and comfort of the 32, I haven't even shot it and I could tell I would love to keep it, but I need to be getting rid of guns vs gaining them at this point.
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 09-06-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I am blown away by the balance and comfort of the 32, I haven't even shot it and I could tell I would love to keep it, but I need to be getting rid of guns vs gaining them at this point.
    Run a box of wadcutters through the .32 & you’ll end up keeping that one for yourself.

We enable here.

User Tag List