Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPSA 21/22 financials

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Posting from mobile so it's hard to check but I thought the magazine is a net gain from advertising? Also the org is required to hold at least one nationals. They could still combine some so there's not five and save money though.
    I think it's hard to know exactly. Without a further breakdown and some speculation it's hard to know.

We have this:

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 8.16.12 AM.png
Views: 129
Size:  54.9 KB

and this:

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 8.15.32 AM.png
Views: 127
Size:  68.6 KB

The unknowns are:

If you just went to digital Front Sight magazine, how much of the advertising revenue would shrink? It probably won't go to zero.

And how much of the "Printing / Postage / Mailing" is due to Front Sight? I'm guessing the bulk of it, but there are still other printed USPSA materials that probably need to be done. I'm kind of suspecting that the $262k is the Front Sight cost.

Even if Front Sight advertising income dropped to $100k in an all digital format, it seems like you could cut out a lot of printing and mailing cost.

Or have people opt in to the paper magazine rather than opt out.

I'm just spitballing. I kind of like the paper magazine myself, but wouldn't cry if it went away. Most of the younger generation probably aren't as enamored with paper magazines as we are, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Posting from mobile so it's hard to check but I thought the magazine is a net gain from advertising? Also the org is required to hold at least one nationals. They could still combine some so there's not five and save money though.
    I have zero issues with the organization losing money on nationals, as these matches directly benefit the members. Much rather spend money on nationals than board member travel, legal fees and election costs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have zero issues with the organization losing money on nationals, as these matches directly benefit the members. Much rather spend money on nationals than board member travel, legal fees and election costs.
    I agree. I was just saying that completely eliminating national matches isn't an option.

Just reading through this thread, not a member anymore. The admin costs jumped out at me so I looked some of the salaries up:

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/911325053
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Ok. Crap financial performance.

But.

I have to pay a small amount annually to play USPSA matches. I like USPSA matches enough to pay (paid today). If that changes I won't.
    I care not a whit more than that.

User Tag List