Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: C&R Fans

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ...anyone got any cool C&R pieces lately? I'm cleaning out my K31s in hopes of taking them out this week.

Jonesing for some FN-49s, otherwise.

Just an FYI, anything made before 1969 is "C&R". That opens the doors for a lot of S&Ws, Colts, etc.

Chris

I'd been watching for a K31 for a while, almost drove several hours for one about six months ago but couldn't take the time away from the office just then. So, waited patiently.

Last weekend I walked into a local gun show, saw a friend from the gun club at a table on the far end, and there was a K31 sitting on his table (along with several other pretty cool C&R rifles). I had no idea that he owned one, apparently it had been sitting in the safe for years. Anyway he immediately knocked $100 off the price and it went home with me.

The story came out a bit later, according to his wife my buddy used to be a FFL, and every time he acquired a batch of C&R stuff he'd put the cleanest one in the safe and sell the rest. This K31 was one of those. Dates at 1950, beech stock. The bore is in shiny near-new condition. It does have the typical blueing wear on the back of the receiver, the wood has what's probably some surface dirt but fewer dings than I've ever seen on a K31.

Took it out this morning with some 7.5x55 reloads, PU brass and some 168 gr .308 that I had on the bench. Wow, what a great rifle. Pretty consistent 3-inch 100 yd groups with open sights and my no longer young eyes, and it was easy to hit steel almost every time at 300 yards. For sure more accurate than my K98 or M1903a3. We're currently brushing out the back slope at the gun club to get the old 600 yard distance functional again, and can't wait to try that. Maybe even order one of the clamp-on scope bases and see what this thing can do once I fine-tune a load.

Some of the other guys didn't get much shooting done today. Lot's of "what's that?" followed by lots of questions.

Name:  IMG_2234.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  39.8 KB
    Last edited by Salamander; 05-05-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice! I picked up a G11 right after the Holidays. Between the length of the barrel, and the outstanding condition of the bore, it was pretty easy to do some pretty decent shooting with it...even with factory ammo. I ended up with brass and dies for it, simply because local ammo is pushing $35/box and the cheap GP11 is a thing of the past. If you search “Swiss Rifles” there is quite a bit of info out there and “Swiss Products” out of Kalispel, MT has a lot of goodies and good links on their site. I have a whole spread of 165gr and 175gr loads all set up to test...I just need the time. Attachment 37824

User Tag List