Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: C&R Fans

C&R Fans

Anyone else here have their C&R FFL, or love C&R firearms in general?

I renewed my C&R last month, and have been tempted many times so far.

In a nutshell, I have the following C&R guns;

DDR Makarov

Yugo M59/66

Yugo M48

Yugo M24/47

Yugo M24/52C

Soviet SKS (1950)

M 91/30

M 38

M 44

M 91/59

Swiss K31

Various K98's

Don't have C&R but do like older guns. Have a couple of nice Swedish Mausers bought back when they were "plentiful" here. They are nice.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

I'm not that into C&R guns, but I got my C&R FFL so I could get the dealer discount at MidwayUSA, Brownells, and Grafs. Look into that if you haven't already, it's pretty easy to set up.

I do have a Garand, which I couldn't pass up because that's an American classic suitable for telling people to get off my lawn.

Another lover of old guns here. I've got a Colt 1903 (1906 vintage), a S&W top break "Lemon Squeezer" .38 , and a Mossberg M44 US .22 training rifle.
    One of these days I hope to collect the whole set of Browning and Colt Pre WW2 automatic pistols.

I love older guns, but there are only a couple that I really really want. I already have one of them (SMLE No 1 MkIII), and plan to get an authentic USGI M1 carbine sometime in the future.

In the present, most of my time and money is going towards USPSA, IDPA, pistol training, etc.

I'd get a C&R, if only the guns I wanted were not also NFA regulated. C&R versions of the same gun tend to go anywhere from $2k-10k higher than a regular non-C&R NFA gun. What I need to do is get off my tail and get a regular FFL and SOT so I can start buying dealer samples.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I don't have a C&R, but I do love 1903's, 1903A3's and Garands...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Anyone else here ... love C&R firearms in general?
    Sure. Whadda ya need?

In all seriousness, I have enough C&R-eligible firearms (and quite a few that are old enough that they aren't even de jure 'firearms' as far as the federal government is concerned) that I feel a little dumb not having a Type 03 sometimes. It's one of those things I keep meaning to do and never getting around to.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Fred,

I just bought a walnut K31 to go with my beech K31. I also just bought a bubba'd Swiss 1911 that I'm going to turn into a scout rifle. I'm going to cut and crown the barrel at 18", put an ebony wood fore-end tip on the stock, and then have a gunsmith replace the rear sight with a scope base before rebluing it.

It should be sweet. Hopefully I can pick both of them up from the dealer sometime soon when power comes back on.

No C&R either but it's something I want to get. I have a 1934 Tula Mosin with the hex receiver and a Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine. I also have two Garands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List