Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intruder in a Box Ballistics Testing Target

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Y'know?

Well, I s'pose that I've seen everything now. Someone finally discovered a away to produce a terminal ballistic test medium that is actually less relevant than Clear Ballistic Gel. Now that took some real ingenuity!
    Sometimes I wonder if we're THE expensive hobby with the biggest concentration of suckers willing to throw money away for useless nonsense. Then I remember I'm also a bass guitar player, and spending an extra $4000 on a new custom built "relic" finish is a thing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if we're THE expensive hobby with the biggest concentration of suckers willing to throw money away for useless nonsense. Then I remember I'm also a bass guitar player, and spending an extra $4000 on a new custom built "relic" finish is a thing.
    Perhaps so, but after spending that much on a custom guitar, at the very least you still have a guitar*.

After spending $90.00 + tax on the Intruder in a Box, all you are left with is Garbage in a Box.

*The inevitable P-F thread drift™: Don't get me started on expensive guitars. My son, 16, who has been playing since he was 8, has a Jackson USA Soloist SL1 and a Soloist SL2 coupled with a Marshall 2x12 stack/head. He just recently (in the last 8 months) dove into the bass guitar with a new Fender McKagan Precision. It's another expensive hobby to be sure, but at least the boy makes great sounds with them (he's very gifted) whereas I just make lotsa noise with my guns.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Oh dear....

I just got around to looking at the video by Classic Firearms posted earlier in this thread and am now left with one question.

Exactly what type of soft tissue (looks like a section cut from a green kitchen sponge with a weeping face stenciled on it that was taken from the inside of one of the nine boxes in the Intruder in a Box) is this—

Name:  Classic Firearms video screen shot 7m17s.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  37.4 KB

—intended to represent?
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-12-2023 at 11:37 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I just got around to looking at the video by Classic Firearms posted earlier in this thread and am now left with one question.

Exactly what type of soft tissue (looks like a section cut from a green kitchen sponge with a weeping face stenciled on it that was taken from the inside of one of the nine boxes in the Intruder in a Box) is this—

Name:  Classic Firearms video screen shot 7m17s.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  37.4 KB

—intended to represent?
    I have no idea what that is supposed to represent, or how it supposed to represent real-world performance. I also found it odd that after all the praise he had for this, he only bothered to show one recovered bullet.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

It is also worth noting that air is NOT a valid soft tissue simulant.
    I have handled lungs laparoscopically and in open surgeries. Air is a poor simulacrum to put it mildly

looks like a section cut from a green kitchen sponge with a weeping face stenciled on it
    I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that you don't recognize a bullet sponge when you see one.

On a serious note, I like the idea of including simulated bone in some testing.

This video is entertaining even if it is not 100% anatomically correct

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that you don't recognize a bullet sponge when you see one.
    Sonuvbeach...I failed to see the obvious AGAIN!

User Tag List