Thread: RMSc and Holosun K Footprint Question

RMSc and Holosun K Footprint Question

I know that the RMSC has larger/taller front posts than the K footprint. But, I was wondering if a RDS with the RMSc footprint could be mounted to a slide with a K footprint without an adapter plate (if one exists) and would it be secure.

I apologize if this has been inquired about before.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    I know that the RMSC has larger/taller front posts than the K footprint. But, I was wondering if a RDS with the RMSc footprint could be mounted to a slide with a K footprint without an adapter plate (if one exists) and would it be secure.

I apologize if this has been inquired about before.

Jerry
    It depends. Partially on what you define as "footprint."

Most of the time, it mainly refers to the hole spacing and the bosses are variable.

In general people view the K and RMSc footprint as the same thing... but some RMSc specific mounts need the bosses ground down a little to fit K optics. Some don't.

Also note that RMS and RMSc and SMS and SMSc all have the same hole spacing.

Generally RMSc optics mount fine on K slides.

If you have any specific application questions, I might have that particular slide and optic combination to let you know if it works or not.

I agree that generally they will be fine. You get two recoil bosses instead of four and they're a little shorter. If the pocket is cut reasonably tight, that would probably help. Two posts has been "the standard" for RMR cuts for a long time, though and obviously the 507K is fine with two posts.

Thank you gentlemen! Apologies for being late to response, been offline taking care of parents.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

User Tag List