Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No winners gun fights

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Is that common now? Opening up on a civilian with gunfire versus a weapons hold with demands or a sucker punch was fairly uncommon back in the day but the trends may have changed.

Or are you talking more scumbag on scumbag stuff like dope rips?
    It's predominately scumbag v scumbag stuff, but it's also retaliatory vs 'normal people'.

The guy mowed down in front of his hotel by a drive by in retaliation for a fist fight earlier in the night.
    Witness assassination has become a wider spread threat.
    Neighbor pissed off about a parking dispute/mowing dispute goes off his rocker and does a sniper style attack (separate incidents, btw).
    Domestic lie-in-wait attacks

That sort of thing.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    When talking about being outnumbered...I hear a lot of guys talk about how their snub is a "one bad guy gun" or their Glock 19 is a "3 bad guy gun" or something of the like.

It seems like a miserable situation if you're fighting three armed assailants simultaneously, but does capacity figure much into these wins vs losses as it pertains to being outnumbered?

I guess what I'm asking is "is my Glock 19 REALLY a 3 bad guy gun or is it just a gun that helps me stay in a fight with one guy for just a little longer? Because a fight with 3 guys seems like I'll run out of life before running out of bullets."
    It largely doesn't. What lets people win these is almost entirely out of their control. The dedication and skill of the bad guys, and if their weapons are real and functional. 3 on 1 who get close enough to interact with you, have guns drawn, and are willing to pull the trigger and see the fight through to the end? You're out of time before you're out of ammunition. For random crime, they tend to not be that dedicated and once the shooting starts they flee, perhaps firing as they do so. Then it's just pure fucking dumb luck if you get hit or not by the blind fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's predominately scumbag v scumbag stuff, but it's also retaliatory vs 'normal people'.

The guy mowed down in front of his hotel by a drive by in retaliation for a fist fight earlier in the night.
    Witness assassination has become a wider spread threat.
    Neighbor pissed off about a parking dispute/mowing dispute goes off his rocker and does a sniper style attack (separate incidents, btw).
    Domestic lie-in-wait attacks

That sort of thing.

Gotcha, and that clarification helps. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    3 on 1 who get close enough to interact with you, have guns drawn, and are willing to pull the trigger and see the fight through to the end? You're out of time before you're out of ammunition. For random crime, they tend to not be that dedicated and once the shooting starts they flee, perhaps firing as they do so. Then it's just pure fucking dumb luck if you get hit or not by the blind fire.
    Yeah that's a kobiyashi maru. The only reason I'm alive from a targeted 2 on 1 is because someone else saved my life.

Site Supporter
    R/E ambushes, at least locally (Birmingham metro) I’ve noticed a lot more media reports of people getting shot up in car to car ambushes by strangers with road rage since around 2020.

I’m no pro at this stuff, but I do drive around all day for work and figure that not driving like an asshole and the friendly “Sorry I fucked that up” wave are my best pre-emptive defense against that.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    R/E ambushes, at least locally (Birmingham metro) I’ve noticed a lot more media reports of people getting shot up in car to car ambushes by strangers with road rage since around 2020.

I’m no pro at this stuff, but I do drive around all day for work and figure that not driving like an asshole and the friendly “Sorry I fucked that up” wave are my best pre-emptive defense against that.
    We just had this one over the weekend, not even front page news any more (page 13)...
    Probably a pissing contest over a lane change. Person of interest in custody, any wagers on Weapons Under Disability when they are charged?

Name:  Rage.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  84.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Gotcha, and that clarification helps. Nothing new.
    Perhaps an uptick, but certainly not new.

Site Supporter
    Arguing with people who have nothing to lose(Scumbags of either sex)is unwise.

Displaying good manners and non threatening body language might resolve issues before they ignite.

Acts of disrespect, real or imagined, often cause arguments, fights, and killings in the inner city. These folks travel outside of this area and carry their cultural biases and habits with them. Avoid staring which to them is making eye contact for more than about 2 seconds.

Slogans on vehicles or clothes attract attract attention and irritate many.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

I do the same thing. I'll even happily do the hey I fucked up wave even when other side is at fault (I guess it becomes more of a you are good wave)

User Tag List