Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I make the TFB Youtube Big Time

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some jurors bought that, others didn't. The gun influence opinions.
    You aren't the police.
    Rittenhouse is not a relevant example.
    I understand you're attempting to isolate comparative rate of guilty judgments based on the type of gun involved, however there's more to a criminal defense than just the gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    I understand you're attempting to isolate comparative rate of guilty judgments based on the type of gun involved, however there's more to a criminal defense than just the gun.
    Haven't I said that repeatedly?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    On August 25, 2020, Kyle Rittenhouse shot 3 people with an AR15, two of them fatally, during a night of civil unrest in Kenosha, WI. All of the shootings were captured on video.

Despite all the negative media, all the negative political fallout, all the prosecutorial pressure, etc., he was totally acquitted because his legal defense team skillfully presented not only the facts of each shooting to the jury, but also fully explained his reasonable perceptions that led to each decision to shoot.
    To go along with this thread, Kyle probably wishes he'd just stayed home that night and played Call of Duty.

Site Supporter
    This all boils down to the individual situation, in the locality it happened. Iamnal but I had one explain to me, that your area your state is one thing. Crossing state lines is like crossing a international border it might be different. Then you get the jury pool who was to dumb to get out of jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    To go along with this thread, Kyle probably wishes he'd just stayed home that night and played Call of Duty.
    Or used an old 44 S&W hand ejector and a speed loader his grandfather gave him.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

There's a lot of components to consider here. You would not want this AR home defense situation in King county WA. They would hang your ass faster than a horse thief in the old west. Kind a depends on your location. Eastern WA, you might have a chance.

That's why I don't have one for HD, or even have one. I don't live in King county but a lot of pavement dwellers have moved into the area. Not too long ago I had a conversation with two women who moved here from Seattle. They wanted to know what the attraction was for people to own firearms. I just said I was a recreational shooter, you know, like golf, and moved on.

If you need a long gun just load your old 870 up with double ought buck and say it's for deer.

Come on man.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-06-2023 at 08:17 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

It's been noted that one should make note of the political culture of one's home state, county, and city when choosing self-defense tools.

In Florida, for instance, I'd be more hesitant to use an AR for home defense in Broward or Orange Counties than I would to use one in, say, Polk County. I'd really be way more hesitant in Orlando.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What's the consensus on US Law Shield, CCW Safe, and similar offerings?
    I'm with CCW safe. IIRC, Kyle Rittenhouse's atty is one of the principles.

In my state we had an arrest and the bail was set at $4 million. This guy had a permit to carry and got arrested. There's local talk that the bail may have been that high to keep him locked up if he had this coverage and if so that's pretty concerning. I don't know much of the detail of the incident, just that it does seem pretty high. He did make the bail somehow but it took a few days for him to do so.

I have some questions about this study that wasn't clear from what I read.

First, exactly how many mock juries were there?

Second, was it a complete mock jury trial where they were trying to establish the guilt or innocence or guilt of the defendant, or where they told that the defendant was guilty and they were to decide what his sentence was?

Third, did each mock jury only deal with only one theoretical defendant/case who used one type of firearm, or did the same mock juries hear and decide on multiple cases?

Forth, how many of those mock trials had the defender using each type of gun?

thanks

Site Supporter
    The TJE article is summary of the peer viewed article:

Meyer, G.E., Gerondale, T., Kiriazes, C., Baņos, A., Lakin, C., & Rinker, A. (2009). Juries, gender and assault weapons. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 29, 945-972.

It has all the details of the study. This is link to it.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...rtdmC7kiGTEItc
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List