Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I make the TFB Youtube Big Time

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The TJE article is summary of the peer viewed article:

Meyer, G.E., Gerondale, T., Kiriazes, C., Baņos, A., Lakin, C., & Rinker, A. (2009). Juries, gender and assault weapons. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 29, 945-972.

It has all the details of the study. This is link to it.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...rtdmC7kiGTEItc
    So we have to buy access to see how the study was done?

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Or visit any decent university library and download it for free there.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Welcome to capitalism. Tell the WSJ to give me a free subscription. Sorry, that's the way it works.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Welcome to capitalism. Tell the WSJ to give me a free subscription. Sorry, that's the way it works.
    We simply asked the author of the study how it was done in the thread he created referencing the study lol. Nice shameless try though. I'll give you that.
    Last edited by TeflonDon; 09-07-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Look, I have better things to do then rewrite the entire article on p-f. It's available and I told you where. I get nothing in terms of money from the article. If I want some of the journal articles I want to read, I pay for them or use my faculty status - for which the university has paid the publisher - that is part of the benefits for my work for them and part of retirement benefits (which cost money).

When I learn from Mas - money changed hands for his course, I paid for his books. Luckily, TJE had a free summary - which they asked me do it.

The original article is 27 pages of intro, methods, results, appendices with protocols, stats, summaries and conclusions. If Ed wants the details or someone else does - great! But I'm not retyping 27 pages or violating the publication agreement.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-07-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Look, I have better things to do then rewrite the entire article on p-f. It's available and I told you where. I get nothing in terms of money from the article. If I want some of the journal articles I want to read, I pay for them or use my faculty status - for which the university has paid the publisher - that is part of the benefits for my work for them and part of retirement benefits (which cost money).

When I learn from Mas - money changed hands for his course, I paid for his books. Luckily, TJE had a free summary - which they asked me do it.
    No one asked you to recite the entire article. They asked simple direct questions.

Site Supporter
    Ok, tough. Details without the entire context are not useful. Ed wanted significant details. I told p-f where to find them. Don't want to spend the money - tough.

Ok, tough. Details without the entire context are not useful. Ed wanted significant details. I told p-f where to find them. Don't want to spend the money - tough.
    I believe there's a law somewhere that if someone on the internet demands more information, you are obligated to act as unpaid research assistant.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I believe there's a law somewhere that if someone on the internet demands more information, you are obligated to act as unpaid research assistant.
    No, but if someone starts a thread, starts a discussion, makes claims, and cites a study they did, they should be able to answer simple question. It appears the OP can not or at least refuses to.

My simular studies, research, and testing which also involved several mock trials contradict his results. There were several mock trails also involving different weapons from knives to types of firearms. My test took place over the course of a year. My research appears to be much more extensive.
    Last edited by TeflonDon; 09-07-2023 at 06:03 PM.

No, but if someone starts a thread, starts a discussion, makes claims, and cites a study they did, they should be able to answer simple question. It appears the OP can not.
    Why?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List