Thread: Brownells MPO 3-18?

Brownells MPO 3-18?

Anyone have experience with this scope? I've read good things around the web from reviewers and optics observers, but very little first-hand experience. It would be going on an 18" SPR-type build.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have the 5-25. It is solid for the money. Seems robustly built but the glass overall doesn't seem like am massive step up over the Viper equivalent. Build quality may or may not be better, hard to tell, though supposedl some parallax issues with these scopes. The reticle is odd but quite usable.

I think for scopes in that price range look at the Meopta Optika6; I also have their 3-18 and feel overall it is a much better product for not much more money. Check Sportsoptics for solid prices; you want the one with the MRAD scope (they make a lot of simple hunter style reticles that are not useful for my needs)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have the 5-25. It is solid for the money. Seems robustly built but the glass overall doesn't seem like am massive step up over the Viper equivalent. Build quality may or may not be better, hard to tell, though supposedl some parallax issues with these scopes. The reticle is odd but quite usable.

I think for scopes in that price range look at the Meopta Optika6; I also have their 3-18 and feel overall it is a much better product for not much more money. Check Sportsoptics for solid prices; you want the one with the MRAD scope (they make a lot of simple hunter style reticles that are not useful for my needs)
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll check out the Meopta scopes.

The Primary Arms GLX 3-18 is also fantastic.

I am beyond impressed with mine.

Brownells had them marked down to $699, with a 10 percent off coupon for Labor Day, so they likely sold out their inventory.

User Tag List