Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the LCP users

For the LCP users

What has been your experience with flat nose bullets regarding reliability.

Maker, and round count if known.

@Doc_Glock
    Taking a break from social media.

Hammertime
    I have 20 Underwood 100 grain hardcast flat nose through the LCP Max no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What has been your experience with flat nose bullets regarding reliability.
    I've had good luck with Underwood/Lehigh XP 90gr .380 in the LCP and the Kahr p380.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've probably shot close to 1,000 rds of this Winchester stuff through several LCPs. The only issue I've experienced is 2 or 3 misfires ..... something I've never had with several thousand rounds of other brands. I pulled the bullets and they had powder, so the primer was the culprit.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've had good luck with Underwood/Lehigh XP 90gr .380 in the LCP and the Kahr p380.
    I want to think that I remember feed ramp hang ups with the XD on my LCP... like the sharp, larger flutes got hung up on the ramp?

With the exception of handload development (starting powder charge weights) I don't recall any FTF with my LCP.

The Winchester posted above: zero.
    Coated FN handload: zero
    Critical Defense: zero
    HST: zero
    Some janky commercial FN reloads: zero
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I want to think that I remember feed ramp hang ups with the XD on my LCP... like the sharp, larger flutes got hung up on the ramp?
    Not sure if you had posted about that, or if I read it somewhere else.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    On CF's recommendation, I've been experimenting with the same UW 90gr XP ammo in my new-ish LCP Max. No issues so far. Though for full transparency--as I've posted about my tests with the 9mm UW hardcast "field pistol" ammo in GJM's thread of the same title--I don't have high round counts yet, only about 200rd so far. This ammo is pricey so it's hard to get excited about buying a whole case of it just for testing. Also for transparency, mostly I shoot (and carry) 90 to 95gr FMJ loads in this pistol. One factory load that's been available at good pricing and shoots clean/accurately out of this pistol, is the S&B 92gr FMJ.

Site Supporter
    Since the LCP is a clone of a Kel-Tec P3AT, lessons from the latter may apply to the former. I have found that all of my feed reliability issues in my P3AT disappeared when I went from the factory standard 11 lb. recoil springs to Wolff 13 lb. recoil springs.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Since the LCP is a clone of a Kel-Tec P3AT, lessons from the latter may apply to the former. I have found that all of my feed reliability issues in my P3AT disappeared when I went from the factory standard 11 lb. recoil springs to Wolff 13 lb. recoil springs.
    Absolutely mirrors my experiences with LCP, LCP Max & P3aT pistols. P32 always benefits from upping the recoil spring weight as well.

User Tag List