DAO. Decent shape.

Name:  IMG_1818.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  58.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1819.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  33.7 KB

Found here:https://www.22three.com

I’m not affiliated with them in any way. Just pandering to your addiction.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I haven’t been there since sometime last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I haven’t been there since sometime last year.
    I stop in every now and then. Been trying to find somewhere w a Shadow 2 Compact in stock to play with.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I miss the days when used 3rd Gen Smiths were $300.

I wish I wouldn’t have sold mine.

The 3953 was my first CCW pistol. Great pistols.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

If I was in the presence of that pistol, my left would start twitching, immediately leading me to purchase same. The only remedy to my twitching eye syndrome.

I used to have one ages ago, and was recently gifted one by a very kind friend.

I'd be interested in a source of reliable mags, if anyone knows of one. I've been haunting eBay and Gunbroker, looking for ones that are factory and under a C-note. I have two now.

It is a great deal of fun to shoot.

I really like the 3rd Gen S&Ws and was issued one from 1990-1998. I never really cared for the DAO variants though, and saw a few cases in OIS videos where officers thought the gun malfed when they actually failed to let the trigger fully reset.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    ...thought the gun malfed when they actually failed to let the trigger fully reset.
    That was my major complaint against the DAO gen 3's and the Para LDA tribe, sent all of them down the road years ago because I could personally not get over "trigger freeze" with that long reset distance. Shooting those guns one year in production division a couple of decades ago, my friends used to laugh at me and make predictions on how far I would get through the match before I had trigger freeze on a target. It would happen multiple times in a 5-6 stage club match. I guess I could have spent the time to train out of that but I was not willing to try.

They were utterly reliable however in my use. Had a 5946 I shot in the matches while I carried a 5943.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Cool.

I always wanted one of the 3953TSWs without the extended "lobe" on the rear of the slide/frame. They also made a 3914DAO with no lobe. I've actually thought about converting my 3914 to DAO--I love the DA pulls on 3rd gens and making a slim gun even more slim would be... nice. Though, I guess converting a DA/SA 3rd gen to DAO is a bit more involved than I thought it might be.

Regardless, the 3900s--in any flavor--are such handy little guns...

Name:  IMG_1786.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  39.8 KB

I'll have to stop by that shop next time I head up to Dayton. I haven't been to Lebanon in a while--'tis lovely. Seems like the right kinda place for a cool gun shop.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List