Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Here's a different take on a revolver speedloader

With the Safariland speed loaders I sometimes have a hard time getting them to release the rounds in my Ruger Super Redhawk. Does anyone here use the extractor rod to release the rounds from a Safariland when they won't release? I'm afraid of damaging the crane when I have to push firmly on the Safariland speed loader to release the rounds.

I just wish there was an SL variant (and a wrapped loader)for my 8 shot redhawk....... five star is the only company that makes one worth a crap..... but they are the slow twist and drop style...... The speed bees one is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’m confused, none of the pictures posted by PF members look anything like the product in the OP.
    Yeah.....We are talking about the other style they sell too..... The Wrapid Loader is the zip chain style one from the op..... The ones in our pics are the SL Variant which is legendary from years ago and impossible to find until now apparently...... The SL Variant works like the Safari land but isn't made if cheap 2mil plastic like the safariland........andd each round gets its own spring in the SL Variants instead of one giant spring like the safariland.
    Last edited by klbsa; 09-18-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    With the Safariland speed loaders I sometimes have a hard time getting them to release the rounds in my Ruger Super Redhawk. Does anyone here use the extractor rod to release the rounds from a Safariland when they won't release? I'm afraid of damaging the crane when I have to push firmly on the Safariland speed loader to release the rounds.
    I use my index finger when I need to unload one of those critters.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    FWIW, the only extensive side by side speedloader comparison I know of:

https://revolverguy.com/what-is-the-...r-speedloader/

Definitely interested in the SL Variants but pretty stocked up on JetLoaders and the website for the SL clones leaves me wary...
    I have at least 8 Comp-IIs and an equal number of HKSs for K and L frame .38/.357s, so unless these things are the Greatest Things Since Sliced Bread for speedloaders, I'm going to pass. Maybe if I was anything above a U-class shooter, a tenth or two-tenths of a second improvement per reload might be worth the squeeze. But I'm not and it isn't.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Speedloaders and law enforcement

Just checking that the https://www.slvariant.com site is GTG.
    Those who have shopped there, would you do so again?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Just checking that the https://www.slvariant.com site is GTG.
    Those who have shopped there, would you do so again?
    Well hello there... They have international shipping with reasonable shipping costs!

Do you guys think the.44 N-frame model would work with .45Colt? (I ask, because my HKS .44 speed loaders actually work better with my .45 Mountain Gun, than the ones actually meant for it. But I don't know how universal this is.)
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    FWIW, the only extensive side by side speedloader comparison I know of:

https://revolverguy.com/what-is-the-...r-speedloader/

Definitely interested in the SL Variants but pretty stocked up on JetLoaders and the website for the SL clones leaves me wary...
    He makes a good point in the article for guys like you on the fence "If you haven’t reloaded with an S.L. Variant, it’s hard to imagine what you’re missing, and it’s hard to overstate just how damn good this thing is."

I couldn't agree more. Especially for my j frame.... I can fit 2 side by side with the extensions on them in my mag pocket of my cargo pants

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Do you guys think the.44 N-frame model would work with .45Colt? (I ask, because my HKS .44 speed loaders actually work better with my .45 Mountain Gun, than the ones actually meant for it. But I don't know how universal this is.)
    Great point. I just picked up a 25-5 and if the .44 model works with this, I'll buy a couple.
    Anyone know if they work?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

User Tag List