Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a different take on a revolver speedloader

Here's a different take on a revolver speedloader

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Looks like a good way to spring your crane/yoke.

The base idea tracks back to Thomas A. Milmore's patent of the early 1930s. There was a more recent variant from South America in the late 1980s.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US1891437A
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US4862622A

I fail to see what that’s going to do to a crane than any other SL.

For a weak-hand reloader like me (feels natural), it’s hard to keep the heel of my strong hand out of the way. The little tab/whatever would keep the heel of the weak hand away from things.

Yeah, I know, learn strong hand. I never could get the hang having SLs & gun on same side. Either SLs get in the way of my draw, or holster gets in the way grabbing an SL.

Man forget the wrap thing, has anyone actually used any of those new made in Japan SL Variant speedloaders? This place claims to have them in stock. I'm getting scammer vibes from the site, but it's not one of the "lol pay in Zelle" types. They're using wix. Is this place actually legit?

I think the motion of pulling a hand away from the gun is counter productive of efficient reloading.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

I have a sick fascination with the idea of trying new speedloaders, but so far everything I have bought that wasn't a Safariland Comp has wound up in my Box Of Bad Ideas.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I think the motion of pulling a hand away from the gun is counter productive of efficient reloading.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Sure, but for this thing to make sense I think you need to be comparing it to a speed strip…..I wonder if this would make more sense with an inside-the-pocket holder with a pocket clip?

I've watched the videos, too many moving parts and springs and the possibility of dislodging cartridges while removing from the pouch makes this a no-go at this station. I have Comp Is or IIs and HKS twisties that work well enough for my needs.

Even if I could get past the website’s red flags, needing the cylinder to spin freely during the reload is a deal breaker for me.

Also, while I can’t confirm that this is the same product, this looks similar and links to a Japanese based eBay seller. The product itself is made in China. http://www.wrapidloader.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I carry an LCR .327 Mag with two HKS speedloaders and a strip speed loader. Pretty easy with cargo shorts.

User Tag List