Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a different take on a revolver speedloader

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I have a sick fascination with the idea of trying new speedloaders, but so far everything I have bought that wasn't a Safariland Comp has wound up in my Box Of Bad Ideas.
    Same.

They just work so damned well that I end up tossing anything else I try.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Same.

They just work so damned well that I end up tossing anything else I try.
    Same here. One advantage to the Safariland style speed loaders is that, with the way your hands are positioned during operation, you stand a decent chance of catching or trapping any rounds that fall loose. With the device pictured above, it appears that any round that gets loose is going right into the dirt.

Good concept, poor execution to unload. I will stick with Jetloaders, comp II and SL Variants depending upon the revolver. With the SL Variants being my goto.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar Love View Post
    Even if I could get past the website’s red flags, needing the cylinder to spin freely during the reload is a deal breaker for me.
    Yeah, I can see someone not ensuring that the cylinder isn't spinning when they close the cylinder, banging into the bolt.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Who spread this silly notion that if you spin an open cylinder WHILE THE CYLIDER IS OPEN that it hurts the gun in any way? Internet revolver bro science is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Man forget the wrap thing, has anyone actually used any of those new made in Japan SL Variant speedloaders? This place claims to have them in stock. I'm getting scammer vibes from the site, but it's not one of the "lol pay in Zelle" types. They're using wix. Is this place actually legit?
    I ordered a few for my gp100 last night. I’ll post some results whenever they get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Man forget the wrap thing, has anyone actually used any of those new made in Japan SL Variant speedloaders? This place claims to have them in stock. I'm getting scammer vibes from the site, but it's not one of the "lol pay in Zelle" types. They're using wix. Is this place actually legit?
    Yes its Legit and shipping is uber fast.

Quote Originally Posted by klbsa View Post
    Yes its Legit and shipping is uber fast.
    Indeed!

Name:  slvar1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  slvar2.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  48.0 KB

Haven't had a chance to try them out yet but they are in fact shipping product. More academic for me than anything I guess since my 7-shot Ls are cut for moonclips but hey. They're out there.

My very limited experience with the original product was a long time ago so I can't really offer a direct comparison.

Indeed!

Haven't had a chance to try them out yet but they are in fact shipping product. More academic for me than anything I guess since my 7-shot Ls are cut for moonclips but hey. They're out there.

My very limited experience with the original product was a long time ago so I can't really offer a direct comparison.
    I had a German made 7 shot a long time ago..... I can say these Japanese ones have stiffer springs for sure. I have 2 of the kaztac.com ones with extensions for my Jframe and two 6 rounders for my k frame and Ruger Six Series.

Name:  IMG_20230916_101132891.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230916_101152886.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  35.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230916_101216452_HDR.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  30.1 KB

These blow away the safariland speed loaders IMO

Sadly the 7-shot version doesn't seem to play nice with Hogue grips. I believe there's some adjustability built in?

Name:  slvar3.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  30.4 KB

Haven't gotten that far yet. The 7-shot HKS loaders tend to have substantially less wobble than the 6-shot versions. These have even less. Almost feel like starline brass in the appropriate thickness TK moonclip. If there were any less wobble I wouldn't think you'd be able to load them at all.

User Tag List