Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gideon Optics Omega (SRO size)

Gideon Optics Omega (SRO size)

I’ve got way too many dot guns and needed another optic for one. Saw that AIM Surplus started selling these and watched a bunch of reviews of them. So for $200 I figured I’d try it out. Hobby/competition is the plan for this. Glass is pretty nice. I’d compare this to the CHPWS Comp and the Bushnell RXM-300. Gonna mount it on my 47MOS when I get it back from Monsoon tomorrow.

3 MOA dot
    1632 battery

https://aimsurplus.com/products/gide...oa-red-dot-rmr

Name:  IMG_1824.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  50.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1845.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  46.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1835.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  46.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1865.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  29.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Looking for a recreational SRO replacement...any feedback on shooting it yet?
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Yeah, one of the next things I plan is a 22/45, with the plan to pit another SRO on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yeah, one of the next things I plan is a 22/45, with the plan to pit another SRO on it.
    Indoors and in low light it’s great. Bright sunny days, not so much. I reached out to Gideon and they sent me a return label to check it out.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Indoors and in low light it’s great. Bright sunny days, not so much. I reached out to Gideon and they sent me a return label to check it out.
    Thanks, that will be interesting to follow since I rarely shoot indoors and most of my use would be outdoors....will wait to hear your results after it comes back before I go for one.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Thanks, that will be interesting to follow since I rarely shoot indoors and most of my use would be outdoors....will wait to hear your results after it comes back before I go for one.
    I’ll try to get good pics and video once I get it back. I will say this. If I was just using this for plinking or mainly accuracy type shooting it would be ok as is. The dot is pretty small in the bright daylight. But for USPSA or fast shooting, the dot is too small and not bright enough.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

I received one last week for T&E from Gideon. Mounted and zeroed to 25 on my Rival-S, and so far so good but I haven't done anything meaningful shooting with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post

I received one last week for T&E from Gideon. Mounted and zeroed to 25 on my Rival-S, and so far so good but I haven't done anything meaningful shooting with it yet.
    How’s the brightness out doors?
    Formerly known as xpd54.

No issue when dry-firing outside.

I sighted in at an indoor range. For what it's worth this is the green dot version (wanted to play with green just to explore it)

Again the party just started and for me the most reasonable gun to mount it on is that Canik. I had no problems. I had an SRO on it when I did the review of the gun this spring.

No issue when dry-firing outside.

I sighted in at an indoor range. For what it's worth this is the green dot version (wanted to play with green just to explore it)

Again the party just started and for me the most reasonable gun to mount it on is that Canik. I had no problems. I had an SRO on it when I did the review of the gun this spring.

User Tag List