Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I am going to consolidate to one pistol caliber...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Can you call yourself a true freedom-loving American if you don't have at least one single-action revolver chambered in .45 Colt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Yes. Mine is a .44 Special.
    .44 counts.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    It is ironic that the combination of the federal 10 round limit and the spread of fair and reasonable concealed carry licensing laws resulted in some of the best concealed carry guns.

Yet another lesson for the anti-gun side in the laws of unintended consequences.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Rob post a pic of your chopped 1917 please? I’m thinking about such a project.

I consolidated to 6

Site Supporter
    I'm something of a fan of the caliber.

There is basically nothing that cannot be done with .45 auto. Pocket rockets are weak sauce, and a .45 ACP revolver with the trigger guard cut off, hammer bobbed, and stowed in the pocket of your greatcoat is the only pocket gun you need.

There are any number of suitable clothing options for you should you choose to carry a .45 concealed. Most can be found in an LL bean catalog, but in warmer seasons and climates, a Hawaiian print shirt ought to be sufficiently breathable.

Carrying such a big bullet can be heavy though...I recommend you get a quality pair of suspenders. Frequently I also find that if I take enough Metamucil, I feel envigorated and energetic and the weight isn't such an issue.

the trigger guard cut off ????

The significant weight component of the ammo is the lead bullet.

8 rounds (7+1) of 230gr .45 ACP contains 1840gr of lead (4.2 ounces)

14 rounds (13+1) of 124gr 9mm contains 1736gr of lead. (4.0 ounces)

45 ACP is my favorite pistol cartridge tho.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Very late to the party:

As I have started in prior posts, if I lived in a 10 rd state, I would look very hard at a brace of M&P in 45 with some apex trigger goodness and call it good.

While I think dressing around a full sized gun in not a particularly difficult challenge, if it is for you, then adding a J frame would be in the mix.

"Problem" solved.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    the trigger guard cut off ????

The significant weight component of the ammo is the lead bullet.

8 rounds (7+1) of 230gr .45 ACP contains 1840gr of lead (4.2 ounces)

14 rounds (13+1) of 124gr 9mm contains 1736gr of lead. (4.0 ounces)

45 ACP is my favorite pistol cartridge tho.
    I think he had this in mind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FitzGerald_Special
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Since M114 'passed' here, I've had to go .45.

The full trial in state court is pending, but I have zero faith in the law in Oregon.

It kills me to relegate my M&P9 to HD alone, but there you are.

The new lineup is:

M&P45 2.0 four-inch
    Glock 30S (not recommended for sketchy, overcharged factory ammo)
    Shield .45

About the only bright spot is all the .45's like ball, and that does save some time hunting for ammo. The Smiths get +P HST, and the 30S gets standard pressure.
    Last edited by gruntjim; 09-01-2023 at 01:52 PM.

I'm missing the thought process for going with 45 vs whatever if in a 10 round limit state, I could see going revolver perhaps but I don't mind pair of revolvers over pair of Glocks for CCW anyway.

I can see going with 45 because you like it or have more faith in it, but if you think its better when limited to 10 rounds why wouldn't it be better if limited to 20 rounds?

User Tag List