Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus…

Seeing as I have provided OP with two resolution options and my direct email address so any communications will be documented per corporate policy, it's well past time I bowed out this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Thread drift... my first quesiton was "who the hell is Frank Roth and/or Valley Steel".

No idea who VSS is supplying parts to, but I guess according to the ATF they made more revolvers than Colt did in 2018 so that's something.
    Right, revolvers, not just parts. Or at least serial numbered receivers. Is somebody subbing out most of their guns? I have seen Colt accused of just assembling outsourced parts.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I have seen your ticket with my own two eyes, and I am only telling you what was in your ticket. I have no way of knowing whether or not you're telling the truth about how much input you provided and can only rely on the information that exists in our repair system.
    OK. That’s a CS issue on Taurus’ end that needs to be refined.

Let’s try this whole thing again. I’ll be you:

“Gee I’m sorry that you’re having a problem with your new gun. I haven’t seen that issue myself, but send it back, and we will make it right.”

Wouldn’t that be easier than implying that a paying customer is lying, banging ejectors on hard surfaces, or any other story writing that simply obfuscates the issue? Nobody is saying that Taurus sucks for having a random unforeseen wart crop up on new products. Honest to God, except for the obvious issue, this wheelie is fantastic, probably the best product in its category on the market, and a big leap forward for Taurus. The next leap forward would be to take a little responsibility for the product, eg.:

As a solution, if you want to go the 2 inch rod route, I can quite happily send you a 2 inch small frame extractor rod on the house, with comped overnight shipping. The other option is to return the gun again but loop me into the process so I can make sure repair tests it according to your specific use case.

Let me know which one you'd prefer via email at caleb.giddings@taurusholdingsinc.com so we can make it happen fast.
    Why did it take so much thread bandwidth and online histrionics just to get to this?

I really appreciate the opportunity to affect a fix, and perhaps provide a learning opportunity for everyone involved, myself included, as the people at Taurus crack into this thing in more detail to discover once and for all what’s happening inside that cylinder.

What I don’t appreciate is snide jabs at the integrity of paying customers over the months that this subject has been active. You can do better, and the brand’s previous earned reputation *needs* you to do better, IMO. I mean, for what it’s worth. I’m not your mom, but I am a guy who will be taking a hard pass on anything Taurus in the future. Which is, again, too bad, because the direction that many of the products are heading in is absolutely the right one—especially the revolvers. And that’s clearly due to your efforts.

I’ll shoot you an email when I have more time available to mop this shit up. Keep the gun as long as the company needs to get to the bottom of things. I have a safe full of wheelies, so I won’t be left wanting.

Seeing as I have provided OP with two resolution options and my direct email address so any communications will be documented per corporate policy, it's well past time I bowed out this thread.
    Thank you for that; I will get back to you, and get the gun back to you; I agree that it’s past time to bow out of this thread. The same absolutely goes for me.

Mods, please close this dumpster fire before it gets worse. We all have better things to do with our time.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Right, revolvers, not just parts. Or at least serial numbered receivers. Is somebody subbing out most of their guns? I have seen Colt accused of just assembling outsourced parts.
    I assume it's probably serialized receivers. Dunno for who. Also a picture on the Frank Roth site of Kimber K6 cylinders.

Colt apparently had an overlapping serial number range (2007-2011?) with the SAA because they had 2 different vendors providing receivers. Which implies it was the vendors that were doing the serializing. Which implies they were doing more than 80% of the manufacturing. I think Standard Manufacturing has been doing their color case hardening for awhile. Not sure how much of that gun they actually make anymore, but I assume it's as much as UAW can legally force them to with the skeleton crew they have.

Before the acquisition by CZ I think they were down to under 300 total employees in 2018. Can't imagine covid helped those numbers. There was a UAW lawsuit around that time due to subcontracting bolts and barrels which they presumably were making in-house before. It wouldn't be out of character for Colt to basically just be doing assembly. What's notable to me is that the vendor is not just domestic but actually local (and not imported).

I've read the whole thread and I don't see the personal criticism. I think several times someone has said something in general about customers or companies in these situations, and the responding party has understood it to be directed at them personally and individually when it wasn't intended to be.

it's messy perhaps, but this thread is useful and full of good progress. Thanks to all who have participated. It's needed.

Site Supporter
    You're just a little bit late on that--You SHOULDA' bowed out before impugning the PAYING CUSTOMER'S knowledge/integrity/honesty--Disappointing, to say the least--Makes me glad I'm not a Shareholder in Taurus...

Thread re-opened...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I would like to offer, the Taurus CS experience is Much better than the old days when the phone would just ring off the hook! I think the repair status tool could be more useful, for example; maybe the repair tech could reach out if he didn’t find an issue, and ask those deeper questions like when do you notice it… This would go along way and avoid having to take the gun back in twice.

Taking the gun back in seems like a cost absorbing misadventure, which could be avoid if a bit more QC was done? I have purchased recently 3 .22 Taurus revos, because they are nice conceptually, usually an extra round or two over the competition, great adjustable sight, which is awesome on the .22s because I find the ammo shoots a bit differently between brands, loads etc.

I am crazy frustrated as I have had to send 3 out of 3 back to make it shootable! This in a brand new weapon! To offer hope, my .22 3” is working great after they replaced the firing pin and firing pin spring. It is accurate and, so far is working fine. I can’t wait to get the other two back.

I think we should acknowledge Caleb’s efforts, as overall I think he is busting it to improve the brand, and overall things are better and I think we will continue to see cool stuff.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I assume it's probably serialized receivers.
    I was wondering, what with these unfamiliar names...
    If you have a FFL manufacturer's license and you make a thousand finished serialized receivers and sell them to me, then I use my FFL to assemble complete guns on those receivers and sell them into the Gun Culture, what will the statistics show? 1000 or 2000? I doubt there is a BATF clerk rationalizing those numbers to know that a jh receiver and a jw gun are really the same thing.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I was wondering, what with these unfamiliar names...
    If you have a FFL manufacturer's license and you make a thousand finished serialized receivers and sell them to me, then I use my FFL to assemble complete guns on those receivers and sell them into the Gun Culture, what will the statistics show? 1000 or 2000? I doubt there is a BATF clerk rationalizing those numbers to know that a jh receiver and a jw gun are really the same thing.

While completely nothing to do with Taurus revolvers, to answer your question:

If you assemble 1000 recievers into complete guns you better have a manufacturers license and be paying the excise tax. Since you are manufacturing the 1000 guns in your example, you are required per Title 18 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 923(i) and 27 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Section 478.92 to mark the guns with your( Manufacturer B's )info.

In your example, if you contract manufacturer A to make the 1000 receivers for you , Manufacturer B , a marking variance can be applied for. "Generally, each manufacturer of firearms is required by law to place identifying markings on the frame or receiver of every firearm that they manufacture. Marking variances are necessary when a federally licensed manufacturer of firearms contracts with another licensed manufacturer to manufacture firearms frames or receivers on their behalf. In
    these instances, the contracted manufacturer places on the frames or receivers the required identifying markings for
    the manufacturer of record per 27 CFR Section 478.92." (From the ATF guidance letter on variances)

The Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) (ATF Form 5300.11) for Manufacturer A will show 1000 recievers entered into commerce if it wasn't a contracted/marking variance situation and would not show them if it was. You, Manufacturer B, would report on the same calendar year AFMER the number of the assembled guns that you entered (sold or distributed) into commerce and if you also enterd into commerce some of the recievers , them also.
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

User Tag List