Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus…

Taurus…

Gonna Taurus.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Well crap...

Looks like a broken ejector rod spring. How does it stay in that position without compression on the spring?

I have a model 85 with a canted barrel. I think I bought it around 1990. Never shot it on paper until a few years ago. That's when I realized it was not something I wanted to carry. Not a problem because it was used to train hunting dogs (pups) to shot.

I think S&W and Ruger went down that road also. Seems to be normal these days.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, what exactly, and I do mean exactly, was the description of the issue that you provided repair? Also, please DM your gun's serial number so I can go direct with repairs on what their protocol was in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Before anyone jumps to conclusions, what exactly, and I do mean exactly, was the description of the issue that you provided repair? Also, please DM your gun's serial number so I can go direct with repairs on what their protocol was in this instance.
    Ejector rod that jams/binds in the fully depressed position; picture of the same in the jammed position inside the case with the gun.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Additionally - if a give-a-damn didn't exist, we probably wouldn't see this response.

I "fixed" mine with a 2" ejector rod in place of the 3" rod. The ejector stroke is longer on a 2" 856 than the LCR I've been trusting for a long time, while providing other benefits.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Looks like a broken ejector rod spring. How does it stay in that position without compression on the spring?
    From my personal samples - the tail of the spring works it's way under the coil below it while under full compression, providing extra drag and preventing retraction. This seems to be isolated to a 3" gun, and not consistent in random sample draws.

Site Supporter
    Another sample of today's world.

Even if the following wasn't provided...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Ejector rod that jams/binds in the fully depressed position; picture of the same in the jammed position inside the case with the gun.
    They say they fired 12 rounds, and who doesn't check an ejector rod when going over a revolver?

In fairness to Taurus, I've seen the same shitty job done by other companies.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Okay, that tracks. Did you mention anywhere to CS under what circumstances the rod sticks? Like “ejector rod sticks when manipulated forcefully with my support hand” or something like that? I’ve got an email to our repair manager as well, but it will make my job easier if you DM me your serial number or just email it to me at caleb.giddings@taurusholdingsinc.com

User Tag List