Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Taurus…

Site Supporter

Biggest Liar Prize

Let's elect the forum's biggest liar and give him(or her)the trophy. I nominate @Totem Polar who would walk 12 miles to tell a lie about his Taurus revolver.🤗😁🫢

Yeah, yeah, assuming appropriate licenses and hoop jumping...

show 1000 recievers entered into commerce if it wasn't a contracted/marking variance situation and would not show them if it was.
    Then they would not be double counted, if made and marked for me.
    So somewhere out there, there should be a bunch of revolvers trademarked "Valley Steel Stamp".

Sorry to distract from the main subject of duff Tauruses.
    Of which, a video of the OP's extractor hanging up would be instructive.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I would like to offer, the Taurus CS experience is Much better than the old days when the phone would just ring off the hook! I think the repair status tool could be more useful, for example; maybe the repair tech could reach out if he didn’t find an issue, and ask those deeper questions like when do you notice it… This would go along way and avoid having to take the gun back in twice.

Taking the gun back in seems like a cost absorbing misadventure, which could be avoid if a bit more QC was done? I have purchased recently 3 .22 Taurus revos, because they are nice conceptually, usually an extra round or two over the competition, great adjustable sight, which is awesome on the .22s because I find the ammo shoots a bit differently between brands, loads etc.

I am crazy frustrated as I have had to send 3 out of 3 back to make it shootable! This in a brand new weapon! To offer hope, my .22 3” is working great after they replaced the firing pin and firing pin spring. It is accurate and, so far is working fine. I can’t wait to get the other two back.

I think we should acknowledge Caleb’s efforts, as overall I think he is busting it to improve the brand, and overall things are better and I think we will continue to see cool stuff.

Dave
    Taking the one gun back vs increasing QC on all guns made may be a cost absorbing misadventure for that one gun, but in reality it is a bet that most customers won’t shoot their guns enough for issues to manifest. Big picture it’s cheaper to replace a few guns for the few people that actually shoot them vs increasing cost on all guns made.

This is one of those examples of gun companies existing to make money, not necessarily guns. Depending on who your customer base is, this can be a very good bet for companies.

Strategically, it’s somewhat simpler to how the planet fitness gym chain made a strategic decision to make their gyms more friendly to regular people and un- friendly to bodybuilders and gym rats, who actually use the gym regularly. There are more regular people than there are gym rats and most regular people who get a gym membership don’t use it or don’t use it very much. If most of your customers don’t use your facility, you don’t have to spend as much money equipping cleaning and maintaining your facility. That may sound crazy, but gym companies exist to make money not improve people’s health and fitness.

https://medium.com/@scheckygains/jud...s-cc18b4af1a30

Although it claims to be a 24-hour gym, Planet Fitness closes early on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. What could be the reason for this? The answer is simple — these are the times when individuals actually have time to go. You see, Planet Fitness hopes that its customers will buy a membership without actually utilizing the machines and weights offered — a sad reality which often happens in the world of gyms. One study claimed that Americans spent $397 million dollars on unused gym memberships annually. Seeking to capitalize on this, Planet Fitness disincentivizes actually coming to the gym customers pay for with their hard-earned money.

When walking into a Planet Fitness, one is quick to notice the lack of racks (outside of Smith machines) and barbell free weights. This is because the people who use these things are most likely to hit the gym repeatedly day in and day out, getting the most out of their gym membership and throwing a wrench into Planet Fitness’s profit schemes.

Laugh at Taurus business model if you want but Planet Fitness is a $6 billion dollar brand based on a similar bet on human nature.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-03-2023 at 12:16 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Taking the one gun back vs increasing QC on all guns made may be a cost absorbing misadventure for that one gun, but in reality it is a bet that most customers won’t shoot their guns enough for issues to manifest. Big picture it’s cheaper to replace a few guns for the few people that actually shoot them vs increasing cost on all guns made.
    Seems a pretty good reason to avoid them if you actually intend to shoot them. Particularly if a gun with an issue widespread enough to be being looked into by engineers requires some massive explanation to figure out by the people allegedly fixing them.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I did further testing myself and found that cartridge rim thickness seemed to be the problem. Many brands worked fine but Federal wadcutters rim, plus a few others, would bind on the recoil shield with some rounds but not all. Out of a box of 50 maybe 10 would bind.
    Shoot those rounds in another gun, test to see if they still bind up the Taurus and, if so, send the gun back with the cartridge cases, perhaps?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    And I don't think the 60'-70's cars were all that great. Actually, I think they were about as bad as they could get. I bought a new Toyota Hilux in 78 because of that.
    They were pretty terrible. Mazda, Datsun, Toyota and Honda ate Detroit's lunch once the Greatest Generation (pushed by the older Boomers) got past the "thy're Jap cars" thing and saw that they were, in comparison to the Big Three, amazing cars.

My first new car was a Mazda GLC. I bought it because the Chevette that I test drove was a piece of shit that had missing interior trim and it's acceleration from zero to sixty could be timed with a calendar. The only reason I ended up with a GLC was that the Honda dealer didn't have any Civics on the lot.

Back to Taurus, I had a PT-92 from the mid `80s that was a perfectly good gun. I sold it much later to a friend who was having stalker issues and needed a gun RTFN. (The problem was resolved without shooting.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

This is one of those examples of gun companies existing to make money, not necessarily guns. Depending on who your customer base is, this can be a very good bet for companies.

Strategically, it’s somewhat simpler to how the planet fitness gym chain made a strategic decision to make their gyms more friendly to regular people and un- friendly to bodybuilders and gym rats, who actually use the gym regularly. ... That may sound crazy, but gym companies exist to make money not improve people’s health and fitness.
    You speak as either/or, but it must be AND. Gun companies MUST make guns in order to make money. Even planet fitness MUST offer some means of improving fitness and health to make money.

the Taurus rep here seems sincerely interested in making guns that are worth the money. I bought an 856 Defender used and have yet to fire it. We shall see.

Site Supporter
    The Taurus rep must work within a large bureaucracy owned by a Brazilian corporation who didn't give a shit for the last 30 years. Old habits die hard.

My takeaway from this is that the gun may not work, it may not get fixed if you send it in, and you may have your honesty questioned to boot.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    I appreciate Totem's issue, and I appreciate Caleb's participation here. No doubt Caleb would/will make sure the issue gets fixed, but I also understand the extreme frustration by Totem.

Having a gun that does not work properly, and failing to have it fixed is not ok. That said, PF members can help a company like Taurus be better thanks to our access to Caleb and the knowledge and dedication of the membership here. I don't think anyone is calling anyone else a liar. It's a frustrating situation for all parties involved, but I believe a long term solution is possible.

Hopefully it all works out in the end, because Taurus offers a lot of guns I like, at least in theory.

User Tag List